Question Motorola Phone Booting and freezing issues

Apr 9, 2024
I have a Motorola G8 Power Lite that's around 4 years old. Recently it has started randomly freezing and going into a repeated bootloop before eventually settling down and working ok until the next time it happens.

I have done tests via USB from a laptop to check for hardware issues but have found nothing. I can only guess that it's a software issue of some kind.

I have done 2 factory resets to try to clear the problem without success. First time it seemed to work until I began reinstalling apps then the problems returned so I did a second reset. However this time I didn't even get as far as completing basic setup before the phone started freezing up again (no boot loops yet this time).

I now need some advice please as to what to try next as I have done all I can think of to fix things. Happy to provide further information if it helps. Thanks in advance.

Apr 9, 2024
could be the storage is failing.
Thanks.

How do you mean? Going wrong like a hard disk failure on a PC? Bit surprising if it is. Not full by a long way. Especially not now after a reset.

Anything to be done or is it "fatal" for the phone itself?

CParsons

Estimable
Staff member
Dec 4, 2019
Thanks.

How do you mean? Going wrong like a hard disk failure on a PC? Bit surprising if it is. Not full by a long way. Especially not now after a reset.

Anything to be done or is it "fatal" for the phone itself?
If a Factory Reset didn't help you may wish to try the Motorola Rescue and Smart Assistant which will allow you to reflash the phone with the latest available software for your device. If that doesn't help, you'll need to look at a device replacement.