The Volkswagen ID. Buzz is the weirdest EV I’ve seen yet — here’s why I might buy one

kep55

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Another vehicle that puts a fad but dangerous design feature front and center. Why touchscreens for everything are allowed is beyond me. And after a few days of use, they're covered with fingerprints and are nigh impossible to read in bright sunlight.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I had hoped this vehicle would be a hybrid to allow for more flexible use. I really like the throwback design (once owed a '91 Vanagon GL).

Regarding @kep55 's comment, screens are prevalent in nearly all vehicles these days. I agree that we have gone too far with them.

Apr 10, 2024
I had hoped this vehicle would be a hybrid to allow for more flexible use. I really like the throwback design (once owed a '91 Vanagon GL).

Regarding @kep55 's comment, screens are prevalent in nearly all vehicles these days. I agree that we have gone too far with them.
Yes, I agree. I was hoping this new VW bus would also be offered as a mild hybrid, or at least that the automaker would make two versions: the EV as seen here, and another version as a mild hybrid. That's the only turn off I have with even considering a purchase of this machine. Wotta pity!!! Peace...🙏🏹♐

kep55

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

One of the main reasons I bought a Ford Escape PHEV instead of an Ioniq 5/6 was I have over 420 miles total range. In the past two weeks I've put 190 miles on it and have yet to start the ICE. Once every couple months we'll travel from SW Ohio to NE Ohio, (Amish country) about a 370 mile RT and hardly any charging stations the last 50+ miles. Since a Lucid Air is way out of my price range, a PHEV fit the bill perfectly. The fact my family has been buying Fords for over 100 years and have had zilch problems with Fords was a slight consideration.