Review I went hands-on with the Sony ULT Field 1 and it's my new go-to travel speaker

Apr 12, 2024
Thanks for the initial impression🙂👍🏽 Just two observstions....Firstly, is 3 hours battery life at 50% volume correct? If so, that's atrocious! Also, is this speaker louder than a Minirig3 and Minirig Sub set up?....Looking for something with more 'oompf' but in small footprint....Brane X is peaking my interest, but its quite costly and not currently shipping to the UK....

Lukalumen

Prominent
Feb 19, 2023
Thanks for the initial impression🙂👍🏽 Just two observstions....Firstly, is 3 hours battery life at 50% volume correct? If so, that's atrocious! Also, is this speaker louder than a Minirig3 and Minirig Sub set up?....Looking for something with more 'oompf' but in small footprint....Brane X is peaking my interest, but its quite costly and not currently shipping to the UK....
It's 12 hours of battery. Keep in mind that bass is the most power hungry part of a speaker. So it makes sense that a tiny bassy speaker won't give you a 30 hour battery. I think 12 hours is plenty though.
I bought the ULT Wear headphones and they're so much fun! I love them