RCA to bare wire cable?

Vorpike

Estimable
Jun 24, 2014
I have this strange pair of speaker with RCA output for one and bare wire input for another. So is there a cable that goes from RCA to bare? The ones I see online go from one RCA to 2 wires.
eOh3h5S.jpg

Hello.

Can you post pics? It is not rare to see RCA to bare wire for speaker systems. But it will never be a single bare wire, it will be two bare wires. One for the ground, and one for the signal.

ex:
lidnzZE.jpg

I suggest checking any manual available before adding speakers or connecting wires to such a system...

Passive speakers only have inputs. If this is a pair of speakers it's possible that the input of one was broken and it was repaired with a bare wire connection rather than fix the RCA (or vice versa).
Most audio and video interconnects with RCA are coax cables so they don't make good speaker cables. You could cut any RCA cable 3 inches from the plug and splice speaker wire to the center (plus) and shield (minus) to make an adapter. Make sure the wires don't short plus to minus.

Vorpike

Estimable
Jun 24, 2014

Updated.

Vorpike

Estimable
Jun 24, 2014

Thing with splicing is that the RCA becomes two wires, so what does the connection look like?

Vorpike

Estimable
Jun 24, 2014

Added a pic.
The "RCA" plugs are red and white, just like the RCA cables, would banana plugs still apply in this situation?

Okay...so this system is pretty weird. No manual exists...

So this is how to connect this:
https://i.imgur.com/MkwKmBx.jpg

Connect this type of cable between the right and left speaker:
d9ofqgg.jpg
The middle wire (white) goes in the RED connector of the passive speaker. The black wire (or ground) goes in the black connector.
Then you connect the powered speaker to a PC, DVD, etc using the left RCA inputs. The white leftover RCA jack written OUTPUT is left unconnected.

Vorpike

Estimable
Jun 24, 2014

I thought as much, but what if I wanted stereo instead of mono? Guess it's impossible...yea, the manual I got was actually for the updated model that actually made sense, now I know not to get tech from warehouse sales...