There's no LOL in "Textual Harassment"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlcloud

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
So something used as a tool to compensate for one's lack of guts turned around to stab them? Next time try asking someone to dinner personally.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]mlcloud[/nom]So something used as a tool to compensate for one's lack of guts turned around to stab them? Next time try asking someone to dinner personally.[/citation]

Pretty sure even that can get you in trouble if the person being asked takes it the wrong way.

wasteoftime

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2008
[citation][nom]mlcloud[/nom]So something used as a tool to compensate for one's lack of guts turned around to stab them? Next time try asking someone to dinner personally.[/citation]

I'm pretty sure trying to exchange a promotion for a hummer is going to get you in trouble regardless of the method you use to communicate.

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
And let's be honest, most of these people doing this are probably slimy gits who already have a family and just want a bit of fun with their employees that they lust over.

If someone is legitimately asking someone out, it's highly unlikely it'll end this way.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
I actually agree with clintonio. Although for those few people that do get in trouble for simply asking an employee out, but she takes it the wrong way *will usually they just want money anyways* I feel bad for.

KyleSTL

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
Is anyone really this dumb? C'mon text messages ... sound like a prime opportunity for some black mail (ala American Beauty) with undeniable evidence. Way to go pervs, you're leaving an excellent trail of evidence behind you.

croc

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2005
Internet communications are forever. Emails are forever. SMS / MMS are forever. 'Social networking' sites are forever. Shitting in your own backyard is forever, and messy to boot, especially when you step in it.

Don't do the above, it generally ends up being painful, sticky and / or smelly for all concerned

ricardok

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
More and more we see lawyers trying to squeeze every drop of blood from others..

What if the dinner was for a meeting? What if the "Boss" is really interested in her and SHE did accept the dinner offer? Who is the "wrong side" of the story? There's no such thing since the "Boss" is always the strong part of the equation and the "Boss" is always harassing the "employees".. Yeah, right.. Most of the time it can be true, but sometimes it's the other way around. So, should we call a lawyer to sue the employee that is harassing his/her boss??

Thanks America. Let's sue the president now because he want's us to stop playing our XBoxes.. ^^ I wonder where America is going.

Hatecrime69

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2008
[citation][nom]KyleSTL[/nom]Is anyone really this dumb? C'mon text messages ... sound like a prime opportunity for some black mail (ala American Beauty) with undeniable evidence. Way to go pervs, you're leaving an excellent trail of evidence behind you.[/citation]

nobody ever said pervs were smart :p

thejerk

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
[citation][nom]RicardoK[/nom]More and more we see lawyers trying to squeeze every drop of blood from others..What if the dinner was for a meeting? What if the "Boss" is really interested in her and SHE did accept the dinner offer? Who is the "wrong side" of the story? There's no such thing since the "Boss" is always the strong part of the equation and the "Boss" is always harassing the "employees".. Yeah, right.. Most of the time it can be true, but sometimes it's the other way around. So, should we call a lawyer to sue the employee that is harassing his/her boss?? Thanks America. Let's sue the president now because he want's us to stop playing our XBoxes.. ^^ I wonder where America is going.[/citation]

Well, I dunno how the last sentence in your rant relates to the rest... but, whatever.

Yes, it's true that Americans generally aren't face-to-face problem resolvers. We tend to wait until it gets bad enough to sue, and then we go ahead and sue.

The problem is that our litigious society rewards such behavior with payout settlements. Litigation should be the LAST recourse, not the first.

Anyway, at least such cases can be heard in front of judges and juries. It's a shame though, because most are settled out of court to avoid publicity. It's my opinion that all such cases should be heard in court, to either get a third-party (judge) or peer (jury) evaluation on the matter.

bin1127

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
[citation][nom]thejerk[/nom]Well, I dunno how the last sentence in your rant relates to the rest... but, whatever.Yes, it's true that Americans generally aren't face-to-face problem resolvers. We tend to wait until it gets bad enough to sue, and then we go ahead and sue. The problem is that our litigious society rewards such behavior with payout settlements. Litigation should be the LAST recourse, not the first.Anyway, at least such cases can be heard in front of judges and juries. It's a shame though, because most are settled out of court to avoid publicity. It's my opinion that all such cases should be heard in court, to either get a third-party (judge) or peer (jury) evaluation on the matter.[/citation]

I will sue you for calling us a litigatious country!

apache_lives

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2002
i got fired by txt once - i called the coward up and abused him and managed to keep my job because he had no right to fire me and stood my ground - fkn coward.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]Camikazi[/nom]Pretty sure even that can get you in trouble if the person being asked takes it the wrong way.[/citation]

Disturbingly true.

Some people find almost anything offensive. Grow up.[citation][nom]Hatecrime69[/nom]nobody ever said pervs were smart[/citation]

Hey!
I R hurt!

[citation][nom]thejerk[/nom]Well, I dunno how the last sentence in your rant relates to the rest... but, whatever.Yes, it's true that Americans generally aren't face-to-face problem resolvers. We tend to wait until it gets bad enough to sue, and then we go ahead and sue. The problem is that our litigious society rewards such behavior with payout settlements. Litigation should be the LAST recourse, not the first.Anyway, at least such cases can be heard in front of judges and juries. It's a shame though, because most are settled out of court to avoid publicity. It's my opinion that all such cases should be heard in court, to either get a third-party (judge) or peer (jury) evaluation on the matter.[/citation]

I persoally hate juries. Bunch of idiots generally. I'd rather rely on a single person who hopefully has a better sack of balls and common sense, a judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.