Question Weird issues with Galaxy A12

Apr 10, 2024
Sorry for my English, the problem is: I can't start or receive calls, (if I try to call it from a different phone, it sounds like its turned off) also can"t send text messages, BUT I can receive text messages and can use the mobile internet. Signal strength looks fine, and I tested the SIM card in an other phone and works flawlessly so I dont think its a service issue. Is this maybe some settings thing and the phone is limited in some way because of that (I could not find any settings related to this, but that might be just me) or is this some bigger problem (maybe hardvare)? (only thing I know about the past of the phone, that it was an older persons phone and was not used for a while now also there was no SIM card in it)

Problem 2: If I receive a FB Messenger voice call and pick it up, it restarts the phone instantly.

Thanks.

CParsons

Estimable
Staff member
Dec 4, 2019
Sorry for my English, the problem is: I can't start or receive calls, (if I try to call it from a different phone, it sounds like its turned off) also can"t send text messages, BUT I can receive text messages and can use the mobile internet. Signal strength looks fine, and I tested the SIM card in an other phone and works flawlessly so I dont think its a service issue. Is this maybe some settings thing and the phone is limited in some way because of that (I could not find any settings related to this, but that might be just me) or is this some bigger problem (maybe hardvare)? (only thing I know about the past of the phone, that it was an older persons phone and was not used for a while now also there was no SIM card in it)

Problem 2: If I receive a FB Messenger voice call and pick it up, it restarts the phone instantly.

Thanks.
Back up your data and perform a Factory Reset and see how it operates then. Preferably, don't restore the data until you know it's working fine without it. If it is, restore your data and see if the issues return.