Question Wifi slow or dropping out.

Apr 4, 2024
I have been having problems with my wifi getting slow and dropping out frequently lately. My new neighbour has setup an Arlo wifi camera which is close to my theatre room. The amount of extra wifi channels I can see in the theatre room is getting bigger to the point now that my HTPC wont even connect to my wifi. I attempted to setup an old Huawei HG659 as an access point but after a few minutes of working it says no internet available. Will a mesh system help this? I will probably eventually run ethernet to my HTPC and streaming devices etc but I still need working wifi. Any help is appreciated thanks

Apr 4, 2024
A mesh WiFi system could help by spreading the load and reducing interference, especially with more devices around. It’s smart to eventually go for Ethernet for your HTPC for stability. Meanwhile, try changing your WiFi channel to a less crowded one, and ensure your router’s firmware is up to date. These steps should help improve your situation!
Thanks. I have tried different channels on the router with no luck. I setup a mesh system yesterday and so far it is so much better. Ethernet cabling will be the next step. Thanks for your reply 👍