Connect Your Smartphone to a Laptop Running Windows 8

If you use a lot of the same files on your PC and your smartphone, it would be great to be able to easily connect the two.

If you connect your smartphone to a PC for a specific purpose, make sure you select the correct connection option after connecting them with a USB cable.

For example, if you want to connect your smartphone to a PC just to charge, you should choose Charge only from the displayed options. Likewise, if you want to transfer media files such as video or audio to your smartphone, the Media device (MTP) option should be selected.

Here is how you can connect your smartphone to a Windows 8 laptop and choose the best option while connecting:

■Turn on your Android smartphone by pressing the power button.
    ■Connect the phone to your Windows 8 PC using the data cable included with the phone.
    ■Once connected, on your smartphone, swipe your finger from top to down on the screen to open the notification tray.
    ■Under the Notifications section, tap the Connected as a media device option.

Note: Depending upon the brand and manufacturing of the smartphone, there might be other options available under the Notifications section. For example Built-in-CD-ROM, USB storage or Charge only.
    ■Once the USB computer connection window opens up, tap to select the appropriate option from the displayed list.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Arthurdensley Laptop Tech Support 0
ajeebkhan Laptop Tech Support 4
OhGod Laptop Tech Support 0
bemy Laptop Tech Support 1
O Laptop Tech Support 0
J Laptop Tech Support 2
R Laptop Tech Support 0
debashis_das Laptop Tech Support 2
Chris_Balance Laptop Tech Support 0
R Laptop Tech Support 0
K Laptop Tech Support 1