Edit Maps, Make Corrections, or Add Businesses in Google Maps

Google Maps is one of the easiest ways to locate a particular place or for other to find your business. But there may be situations where you find places missing in Google Maps. Missing places mean that Google Maps does not have proper information for the place.

If you are running your own business, you may also want to add your business location to Google Maps in order to allow others to locate your office easily.

Both the tasks above can be done by accessing the ‘Report a problem’ interface in Google Maps.

Here is how:

■Open your favorite web browser. (Google Chrome in this demonstration.)
    ■In the address bar, type www.maps.google.com and press Enter.
    ■Once the Google Maps window opens up, click Report a problem from the bottom-right corner.
    PATeSn9.png

■When the Report a problem box appears at the top-right corner, locate and click the location on the map that you wish to correct.
    iMVdUnH.png

■On the Report a problem interface, under the Click on the incorrect information section, correct the fields that are incorrect.
    Note: You can also drag the marker to locate the correct location on the map. (E.g. Thomas Cook in this demonstration.)
    ■Click Submit from the bottom to report the problem.

1pJORQK.png

Note: Modifications may take a few hours to take place. Google first verifies the information.
To add business to Google Maps, you must follow the steps given below:
    ■Follow the steps from 1 to 3 to go to the Report a problem interface.
    ■From the open window, click Add a missing place.
    ■Once the Add a place box opens up, click the Are you the business owner link from the bottom.
    SvbWkqp.png

■On the redirected My Business page, populate the fields with the correct values.
    ■Click Continue from the bottom.
    wtC18W6.png

■On the opened Confirm your business window, check the I am authorized to manage this business and agree to the Terms of Services checkbox.
    ■Click Continue.
    m9vhVtO.png

■When the Verify your business box appears, click Mail me my code. (You can also click Continue and verify later from the bottom if you want your business to be verified later.)
    oJKbuyf.png

■On the next interface, click Send postcard from the bottom to allow Google to send you a verification code along with the postcard.
    e5M8N3L.png

Note: You will receive your verification code a few weeks later.
    ■Once the code is received, follow the instructions that are available on the postcard to complete the process.