How to Choose Between the 13” and 15” MacBook Pro

The MacBook Pro is available in two different screen sizes, the 13” and the 15”, but the difference is not limited to the display sizes. Apple has added some special features to the 15’’ Mac that the 13” version lacks.
To understand which Mac would better suit your needs, you need to know the differences between them. Read on to find out.

1. Display
Though the 15” model has a larger screen, it does no noticeably fall back on pixel density. Both the Macs with Touch Bars come with True Tone technology. If you are the kind of person who is constantly on the go, the 13” variant allows for more agility of use. On the other hand, the 15” display is phenomenal for multimedia playback.
url]

2. Touch Bar
The 15” model comes with a Touch Bar as standard. If you don’t need that or consider it an unnecessary addition to the Mac, there is a 13” variant that comes without one. (There is also a 13” model that does have a Touch Bar)
url]

3. Processor
Both the 13” variants run on Intel i5 processors. The one without the Touch Bar has a 2.3 GHz dual-core processor, with Turbo Boost up to 3.6 GHz. The Touch Bar variant comes with a 2.3 GHz quad-core i5 processor, with Turbo Boost up to 3.8 GHz.
The 15” Mac with Touch Bar is the only one that comes with the premium performance of 2.6 GHz 6-core Intel i7, or the 2.9 GHz i9 processors with Turbo Boost up to a staggering 4.8 GHz.
The i5 processors in the 13” model is good enough for most if you are doing basic coding, using office suites, or playing media. Tasks that ask for more processing power, such as video editing or coding for Artificial Intelligence, would perform better on the 15” model with its i7 processors.
url]

4. Device Memory
The 13” variant comes with 8GB of LPDDR3 memory, while the 15” comes with 16GB of the faster DDR4 memory. If you are used to extensive multitasking on your Mac, 16GB would be better. However, for most day-to-day purposes 8GB of memory is more than sufficient.
url]

Keep these points in mind to make a better choice for a new MacBook Pro.