1. Opening the app- Click the Apple Maps icon on your desktop or in your Applications folder to open up the app.
2. Searching- Enter your destination into the search box. You will be provided with information about the location. For turn-by-turn directions, go to step 3 and beyond.
3. Turn-by-turn directions- Ensure your Wi-Fi is on so GPS can locate you for your starting point.
4. Starting Point- Select the option to use your current location as the starting point.
5. Destination- Enter the address or name of the place you are going to for your destination point. Click i to get directions. You will now have turn by turn directions from your starting point to your destination point.
6. Printing- If you wish to print out the directions on paper, hold down the Command button and the letter p to print. Your printout will include a complete map as well as a map of where your current location is and your turn by turn directions to your destination.