A hard reset is not something to do lightly. It wipes all memory and caches from the laptop but stops short of deleting personal files and programs. It use useful for fixing intermittent or persistent issues with either the hardware or software. If you need to hard reset the HP Spectre X360, here is how you do it.
There are two methods of performing a hard reset on the HP Spectre X360. I’ll show you both.
Hard reset the HP Spectre X360
To perform a hard reset without removing the battery, do this:
1. Remove the laptop from the mains and remove any peripherals. That includes any USB mice, keyboard or other devices.
2. While powered on, hold down the power button for around 15 seconds. The laptop should power off but hold the button for the allotted time.
3. Connect the charger to the laptop and power on. The laptop should boot into the operating system as normal.
To perform a hard reset by removing the battery, do this:
1. Make sure the laptop is turned off and not connected to the mains.
2. Place the HP Spectre X360 face down on a clean work surface.
3. Remove the eight Phillips screws holding the bottom enclosure in place. The screws are two sizes, keep them safe and where they won’t get mixed up.
4. Disconnect the battery cable. Removing the battery is optional but not necessary for a hard reset.
5. Reconnect the battery cable and replace the enclosure.
6. Reboot the laptop. It should boot into the operating system as normal.
It is far easier to use the power button method but just in case it doesn’t work for any reason, you now know how to reset everything by unplugging the battery. Hope it helps!