Windows 10 might have a fancy interface and a revamped way of how you navigate through the OS during your daily grind but the OSes biggest talking points is the degree of control you have on the OS and under the hood. The lock screen is touted to be a step above what people saw on Windows 8/8.1 but what if you’ve grown tired of having to input your password and also having to deal with the lock-screen? This tutorial will show you how to remove the lock-screen and Sign-in on windows on a Windows laptop.
The precursor to this is that you’ve set a password on your Windows 10 laptop in order to receive a sign-in screen when booting up or when exiting the lock screen.
1. On your Windows 10 laptop, go to Password option and enter a password and confirm.
2. Reboot your laptop.
3. You should be greeted with a lock screen followed by the sign-in page.
4. Use the password entered in step 1 to get into Windows GUI.
5. Go to Settings>Account>Sign-in.
6. Under Require sign-in, select Never.
7. Left click on any blank space on your taskbar.
8. Now, tap the Windows key + R. The run command box should appear.
9. Type netplwiz
10. Tap Enter.
11. Under the list of username’s select your account/username.
12. Uncheck “Users must enter username and password to use this computer”.
13. Click on Apply and then on OK.
14. Restart your laptop.
15. You should boot straight to desktop.
Following the above steps you should now be able to zoom past your boot screen and straight onto your desktop.