How To Reset Netflix Account to Default

Netflix constantly presents us with viewing suggestions based on the films and programmes we’ve previously watched and also the ratings that we’ve given them. When there’s only you watching then this is great, but if you’ve been sharing your profile with somebody else and their tastes are different to yours or they’re no longer ‘in the picture’, then there is a way of removing their preferences from your profile. Here’s how get back to watching only the shows that you want to watch in a few easy steps.

1. Open Netflix
Look for the login icon in the top right-hand corner. Hover your mouse over the icon and a drop-down menu will appear where you will see the option to access 'My Account’.
WgzwK7C.jpg

2.Select My Account
Scroll down to ‘My Profile’.
3Avbrvs.jpg

3.Select My Profile
Click on ‘Viewing Activity’. This allows you to see a list of absolutely everything you have ever watched on Netflix. On each show there is an ‘X’ which you can click to delete it from your history.
xxcZElX.jpg

kZH6ISn.jpg

4.Click X
On all the programmes you want to delete. If it’s a series then you will be asked if you want to ‘remove series?’ You can select this to delete all episodes at once rather than individually. After 24 hours, the deleted shows will be completely removed and no longer affect future recommendations. If your viewing partner has also rated shows then you can delete this too under ‘My Activity’.
7IyJUxh.jpg

5.Select My Account
Scroll to ‘My Profile’ and click look for ‘Ratings’.
eiJoZUP.jpg

4AR64cB.jpg

6.Select ‘Ratings’.
You will now have a list just like your activity list which shows everything that you have ever rated. Again, just click on the ‘X' to remove these from your profile. When you have done this, then any future recommendations will be based purely on your own viewing and rating history.
ziZxFaG.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Status
Not open for further replies.