How to Revoke Access to Third-Party Apps in Twitter

Many people use their social networking accounts, such as Twitter, from their computer and other devices like tablets or smartphones.

To use Twitter on those devices, you need certain apps that may or not actually be developed by Twitter. These are called third-party apps.

Although most third-party apps are good and they simplify your Twitter experience, sometimes they might not be trustworthy, especially when they have been developed by new or unknown developers.

If you distrust or don't want to use a third-party app, it would be wise to revoke their access to your Twitter account. Here's how to do that in a few mouse clicks:

■Turn on your computer system.
    ■Open Twitter.com on your favorite web browser.
    ■Provide your credentials on Sign in to Twitter window and click the Sign in button.

■On the Home page, click the Settings and help icon (gear icon) at the top-right corner of the interface.

■From the displayed menu, click your name. (E.g. Jacob Moore in this demonstration.)

■On the opened window, click Apps from the left pane.

■From the right pane, click the Revoke access buttons representing the third party apps from which you want to revoke access.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
zachwiel Social Networking 3
P3triix Social Networking 7
F Social Networking 3
J Social Networking 1
L Social Networking 4
A Social Networking 3
J Social Networking 2
D Social Networking 1
B Social Networking 1
C Social Networking 1
H Social Networking 2