Winning jackpots in Subway Surfers comes from earning Mystery Boxes, or Super Mystery Boxes, from playing the game; or alternatively, from purchasing them in the shop with coins.
The thing about Mystery Boxes is... they're a mystery! While you can win coin jackpots of 200 to 100,000 coins, you might also pick up other smaller items and upgrades. It's up to you to decide if spending coins is worth the chance that you'll get a coin jackpot.
Here's how you obtain mystery boxes, and hopefully, coin jackpots:
Completing Runs to Score Mystery Boxes
1. Tap any area on the Subway Surfers main screen to start a run;
2. As you swerve, jump, and duck to avoid obstacles and collect coins, be on the look-out for mystery boxes to grab (generated randomly);
Complete 30 Missions to Score Super Mystery Boxes
1. Tap Missions on the main screen;
2. Browse the available missions and take note of the in-game accomplishments needed to complete them. For every 30 missions completed, you'll receive a Super Mystery Box, where all coin jackpots are doubled!
Complete Daily Challenges for 5 Straight Days
1. Tap Daily Challenge on the main screen;
2. Take note of the word of the day listed at the top of the screen.
3. As you complete runs in-game, grab the letters for the word of the day as they appear;
4. Complete a challenge every day for (5) consecutive days to win a Super Mystery Box, and hopefully, a jackpot!
Purchase Mystery Boxes from the Shop
1. Tap the Shop icon on the main screen;
2. Scroll down to Single Use;
3. Tap Mystery Box to either view available prizes, or purchase the box;
4. Once purchased, tap your box to open it for a chance at a jackpot!