Smart TV’s can get the same errors with their Netflix app as
any other device. Error AIP-701 isn’t fatal to the program, and is removed
easily by following any of the below steps.
Sign Out Of The Netflix App
Signing out of the Netflix app on a Smart TV gets rid of bad
data. Once you sign back in, communication with the Netflix servers will be
restored with fresh information. The username/password combo is required to
make this fix work.
1. From the Netflix home screen select Settings or the gear
2. Sign out of the account and finalize it by selecting the
3. Sign back into Netflix again to see if it works.
Restart The TV
Smart TV’s have a lot less memory than other dedicated media
streaming devices. Restarting the television will purge it of all cached data,
new and old.
1. Press the power button on the remote control to turn the
2. Unplug the TV and hold the power button on the remote for
five seconds to discharge it.
3. Plug the television back in and press the power button on
the remote control.
4. Netflix should now be operational.
Improve the Wi-Fi Signal
Every television has its Wi-Fi signal limits. To prevent a
bad connection from causing Error AIP-701, users can move their wireless router
to a better location.
1. Turn the television off with the power button. On the
2. Move the wireless router so that there is a minimal
amount of interference between it and the TV.
3. Turn the TV back on and try out Netflix streaming.