The Wii console is an older system that still has a
functioning Netflix app. As robust as the app is, error AIP-701 is still a
possibility. The fixes below will remove the error on systems using stock or
Restart The Wii
By restarting the Wii console you can get rid of the error
attached to the Netflix app. Unplugging of the system is necessary so you can
power cycle it while it’s off.
1. Hold the power button on the Wii controller until the
system turns off.
2. Unplug the device from the outlet for at least one
minute. While it is unplugged, hold down the power button on the system for a
3. Plug the Wii back in and press the power button on the
4. Netflix should now be working again.
Reset The DNS Settings
Confirming DNS settings that may have changed on their own
is a quick way of identifying whether the error is internet related. Once the
connection test succeeds, Netflix should work normally.
1. Select Wii Options from the home screen.
2. Choose Wii Settings.
3. Scroll through the menu until you can choose Internet.
4. Choose Connection Settings. Make sure to choose the
current connection on the next screen (1, 2, 3)
5. Choose the option to Change Settings.
6. Scroll through the menu again and select Auto-Obtain DNS.
7. On the next screen select Save and then choose OK to move
to the connection test.
8. Once the test passes, try Netflix again.