News ‘Atlas’ has finally landed on Netflix — and the reviews are just as shocking as the movie’s AI

wrerkec

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2015
Oooh, you lost me with Pacific Rim. A terrible movie that put me to sleep with little plot and weak characters. The definition of a movie that expects the special effects to carry it. However, in a movie I either need to know why we're seeing special effects or care about the characters. Pacific Rim did neither well, and the science was just bad. So I guess I'm gonna pass on Atlas.

May 25, 2024
Atlas is a thinly disguised ‘Aliens’ movie possibly aimed at young viewers who have not seen the much better Aliens movie. Another ‘wokerised’ remake. The effects are good the plot is about a ‘brilliant’ woman who sees the kinda obvious that for some bizarre reason no-one else can and somehow travels quickly to an impossibly distant planet. All one assumes because she is just so very clever - really. So many of the themes are just pale reflections of the Alien movies. Still fun if you just want to enjoy the visual effects perhaps.