1.3 Million Affected By Sega Pass Hack

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I paid $32.67 for a XBOX 360 and my mom got a 17 inch Toshiba laptop for $94.83 being delivered to our house tomorrow by FedEX. I will never again pay expensive retail prices at stores. I even sold a 46 inch HDTV to my boss for $650 and it only cost me $52.78 to get. Here is the website we using to get all this stuff, GrabPenny.com

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]izmanq[/nom]lulzsec offer => wolf crying over slayed sheep[/citation]
they're more like sheep crying over killed bugs ... they're not wolves, they're simply too immature to be real predators

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
[citation][nom]turecallway[/nom]In a strange turn of events, the company behind many of the recent hacks against Sony and Nintendo, Lulzsec, has offered to track down those responsible for the Sega hack.[/citation]
Yet they're as-of-yet to attack Microsoft.

mister g

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]silverblue[/nom]Yet they're as-of-yet to attack Microsoft.[/citation]
Maybe they've tried. I think that maybe Microsoft's defense's are a little tougher to break into, can't say the same about Apple's.

Rab1d-BDGR

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
[citation][nom]mister g[/nom]Maybe they've tried. I think that maybe Microsoft's defense's are a little tougher to break into, can't say the same about Apple's.[/citation]

Indeed, let us hope that M$ isn't dumb enough to fall for SQL injection attacks!

G

Hm... Microsoft security and apple's security should be tough enough to deter most hackers. Only the very determined ones will go through..

Oh no, whats next? EA? Activision? They better not attack Blizzard Damn you!

Netherscourge

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
I doubt they would go after Microsoft, since Microsoft has made all their hacking possible in the first place. lol

If anything, they should send Bill Gates a thank you card.

Rab1d-BDGR

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]Dang, so many spam...[/citation]
[citation][nom]milktea[/nom]This is what happens when Computer Science graduates cannot find a job; they start hacking big corporations.[/citation]
...Unless they are CS grads in China - in which case they apparently get employed to spam forums with adverts for fake designer goods. I wonder how much these losers get paid for this "work".

I think we badly need a probationary period for newly created user accounts, limiting them to only a certain number of posts per hour + captcha. Just my two cents. If only LulzSec would nuke their websites from high-orbit!

weaselsmasher

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
[citation][nom]mister g[/nom]Maybe they've tried. I think that maybe Microsoft's defense's are a little tougher to break into, can't say the same about Apple's.[/citation]

Got an example?

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Rab1d-BDGR[/nom]...Unless they are CS grads in China - in which case they apparently get employed to spam forums with adverts for fake designer goods. I wonder how much these losers get paid for this "work".I think we badly need a probationary period for newly created user accounts, limiting them to only a certain number of posts per hour + captcha. Just my two cents. If only LulzSec would nuke their websites from high-orbit![/citation]

its all about the look. if i gave a flying f@#% about designer things, id get knock offs. rather pay less than 100$ for something that looks like it, than 1000+ for the real thing.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]Rab1d-BDGR[/nom]Indeed, let us hope that M$ isn't dumb enough to fall for SQL injection attacks![/citation]Well, at the very least their passwords won't be cleartext like Sony. Actually Sega's passwords were encrypted too (as stated in the article), but I'm not sure how strong it is. Still, that alone demonstrates that Sega had better security practices in place than Sony, despite having only a fraction of the cash.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]fir_ser[/nom]Lulzsec appears to have good intentions.[/citation]
How do you know they weren't behind the attack, and aren't just trolling "for the lulz"? Don't be gullible enough to scratch them off the list of suspects. Besides, they've done plenty of other bad things.

Of course in a different display of gullibility, Sony thinks that Anon is responsible for their SQL injection breach, just because they found a text file that says "Anon wuz here". Oh man, it must have been them! That's some fine detective work there, Sherlock Sony!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS