1,400,000 AT&T iPhone Owners Lust After Verizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

wintermint

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
What about Sprint and its 4G network? Yes it's not available in all areas but Sprint still has its unlimited data plan and the 4g only has a small premium :p

G

What a horrible way to think about your business. " the CEO said these sales were locking customers in to AT&T agreements that will not end just because another network
gets the iPhone". That will turn to churn when the contracts run up

rmmil978

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
AT&T should worry. Despite what consumers have learned to do with their phones, the smartphone is still a PHONE! You should be able to make calls, hear your caller, and not have it randomly drop you. Solution? Verizon. Rarely, if ever, do I get a dropped call, and I've NEVER had a dropped call when I'm talking to another Verizon user.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
This report means 77% of iPhone users has no problem with AT&T's service dealing with the most utilized smartphone on the market. I wonder what %age of Verizon users would approve of Verizon if Verizon ever got a decent smartphone.

BTW, Obama would wish he has a 77% approval rating.

blurr91

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2004
Strange...I don't have a problem with my AT&T service. I like the GSM system where I can switch out the SIM card to a different phone should my main phone take a dump...which has happened before.

I think it's a classic "the grass is greener on the other side" syndrome. These users will switch and then find out Verizon isn't all that either.

flachet

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
"If you look at the iPhone base, about 80 percent is either on a family-talk plan or in a business relationship with us," Stephenson said. "Those customers tend to be very sticky. They don’t churn very frequently."

If your network sucks they do. At my company which is a Fortune 100 company, if we have a vendor that isn't up to par, they are dropped. By the way, my company does not use AT&T.

dheadley

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2006
I have a verizon account for my personal phone (family plan and all relatives use verizon also) and my work phone, but my work phone used to be AT&T for years and in my experience I've had far less missed/dropped calls on AT&T than I do on verizon.

I also get (actually everyone in our company does) calls that never ring in then a voice mail shows up later on with the phone at full bars and sitting on the same table top the whole time. Same with text and picture messages. I never had that issue at all on AT&T.

Also verizon exaggerates their coverage areas on that red map they like to show off. Last year I drove from Cleveland to Indianapolis and back eight weeks in a row, some before and after the switch and my AT&T phone never lost a signal, but more than once my verizon phone was completely unusable on the same trip.

So I would say that there are probably a lot of people that are very happy with their AT&T service, just as there are plenty of people that have a problem with Verizon's service.

geminireaper

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
[citation][nom]Pei-chen[/nom]This report means 77% of iPhone users has no problem with AT&T's service dealing with the most utilized smartphone on the market. I wonder what %age of Verizon users would approve of Verizon if Verizon ever got a decent smartphone.BTW, Obama would wish he has a 77% approval rating.[/citation]

Verizon had many more than decent smart phones and yes we pretty much all love them. I love my droid 10x more than any iphone ive ever played with. They pretty much suck.

halcyonnn

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009
"Credit Suisse believes that if the iPhone makes it to Verizon next year, the network's subscriber numbers would sky rocket from two million to four million."

2 million current subscribers? That seems low. Especially when they are basically saying there are 6 million iPhone users alone on at&t. Definately does not seem right.

G

If AT&T loses 1.4 million iPhone users maybe their network will actually function. Time to buy some VZW stock.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]Pei-chen[/nom]This report means 77% of iPhone users has no problem with AT&T's service dealing with the most utilized smartphone on the market. I wonder what %age of Verizon users would approve of Verizon if Verizon ever got a decent smartphone.BTW, Obama would wish he has a 77% approval rating.[/citation]

agreed...so much our beloved "African American" president doing a wonderful job

iboomer

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
Mr. Stephenson, do some simple math, you simpleton. If 1.4 million of your customers walk when VZW gets the iphone in January, then that is going to be a net gain for VZW of around 3%. Seems to me that since you are getting your @$$ handed to you by VZW already, that you would be a bit more concerned over your churn.

FTR, you, sir, make my stomach churn.

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
AT&T iphone owners, please switch whenever you can. Don't even think about it, just do it. It is the right thing to do.
.... That way, with less congestion, I gain more bandwidth (less drop) from AT&T. *hahaha*

jaquith

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
I've been hear this now for 2 years. Next quarter, no I meant the next quarter next year. 100% chance I'll go to Verizon and get a new iPhone.

lorddude

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
When the iPhone is available on other networks that when AT&T's service will get better. Right now there's too many iPhones on the 3G network in places like New York, that's why you get dropped calls. If you switch the phone to 2G the problem of dropped calls goes away. So yeah, if another carrier gets the iPhone, that'll ease up the stress on the AT&T network and everyone will be happy; Both the switchers and the "sticky" customers =D

pito

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
[citation][nom]blurr91[/nom]I think it's a classic "the grass is greener on the other side" syndrome. These users will switch and then find out Verizon isn't all that either.[/citation]

It depends of where you live, I live in Jacksonville NC, I have an iPhone 4 and I have no problems whatsoever with either signal or dropped calls. BUT!!!! I went to Disney and ahhhhhh!!!!! lets put it this way, if I live in FL I would've already cancel my contract and switched to another company. No signal, Dropped calls and the internet speed took me back to dial up times I didn't want to use the phone. I always asked whats with all this iPhone/AT&T hate, well I found out when I went to Orlando. But here I have no complaints at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.