10.2 or 11.6 Netbook, Which one to get

infospecs

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
So I'm debating over which netbook to get the MSI Wind 10.2" or the Acer Aspire One 11.6". I have a dedicated desktop at home that I built a little short of a year ago to do all my heavy duty gaming and photoshopping, and everything else that needs a really buff processor and graphics card. But now, I want/need a portable cpu and I don't want to carry a big laptop around. I will just be surfing the web, listening to music, email, watching some videos and programming on it. I will not be using windows I will be running Ubuntu on it as well, so I believe I can get away with the 1.33 processor speed that the 11.6 Acers come with. Please give me suggestions one what you think, if you already have one. I am seriously 50/50 on either netbooks, the Wind has a better processors and better intel graphics but the Acer has a much better resolution size and slightly larger keyboard and much slimmer as well. Thanks for the help in advance.

r_manic

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
The biggest consideration for me, when it comes to netbooks, is keyboard size, then specs second. I haven't tried the Aspire One, but my experience with the Wind's keyboard is favorable. It's definitely not as cramped as the original Asus Eee PC's!

Why not try out a Wind? If you like the keyboard, then go for it, since it has better specs and all...