10 Desktop Password Managers

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcarlton

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
hey guys - what about 1Password from Agilebits?
i'm not related to them other than being a customer.
but their feature set - runs on Mac, Windows & iOS - and lets you store a common keychain of credentials in Dropbox to stay in sync across devices - is pretty sweet.

grebgonebad

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2012
I would much rather have an encrypted excel document in a folder cleverly disguised as 'first borns birth'. been doing this for 10 years and never once has anyone entered that folder. XD

grebgonebad

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2012
I tend not to trust these password programs. Call me cynical but I feel much safer having a document stored in a secure location rather than trusting a program that may or may not be a scam with all your passwords. Just my taske on it all. Fair play to anyone else who uses these sort of programs though with no problems! =)

catchercradle

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
Mozilla firefox seems to have the ability to do this with a master password without any pluggin. Why bother with extra bloat when it is built in to the browser?

nosacredcow

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
I too have been using an encrypted excel spreadsheet for years and it's on an encrypted usb that doubles as my "I've fallen and can't get up" passport. Nothing worse than croaking and having your faceplant account live on forever and your loved ones can't get rid of it.

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
Thanks Tom's, now we know the top 10 Pwd Mgt software to avoid. Cause now they would be targeted by hackers and the Govt.

robert leeo

Honorable
Nov 10, 2013
guys, i think efficient password manager http://www.efficientsoftware.net/passwordmanager/ is a good choice. i used it because of my friends' recommendation, although need pay for it. but it is really useful

Glenn Jones

Honorable
Jan 21, 2014
Intuitive Password is a new online password manager. I've used Intuitive Password for a few months and it's one of the few free programs I have upgraded to the Express edition ($2 per month). It is simple to use and makes the password jungle easier to navigate. Can't imagine browsing without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.