10 Great Shows No Longer on Netflix — and Where to Find Them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marshall Honorof

Editor
Herald
Aug 1, 2013
@MajinCry — Thanks for the input, but the site that you posted appears to be a free streaming site that supports itself via ads without funneling funds back toward content creators. It's a matter of copyright infringement. It's not illegal, per se, but it's in a very gray area.

I'm not here to impugn anyone's personal ethics code. If the site works for you, then by all means, go ahead and use it. The sites I listed, though, are 100% legal methods of watching content in the United States that do get money back to their content creators (even if, in the cases of services like Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Amazon Prime, it's not very much money!). I'm not trying to plug anyone's services in particular, just provide a service to consumers who don't want to deal with foreign streaming sites.

Hope that helps clear things up.

Marshall Honorof

Editor
Herald
Aug 1, 2013
@MajinCry — Thanks for the input, but the site that you posted appears to be a free streaming site that supports itself via ads without funneling funds back toward content creators. It's a matter of copyright infringement. It's not illegal, per se, but it's in a very gray area.

I'm not here to impugn anyone's personal ethics code. If the site works for you, then by all means, go ahead and use it. The sites I listed, though, are 100% legal methods of watching content in the United States that do get money back to their content creators (even if, in the cases of services like Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Amazon Prime, it's not very much money!). I'm not trying to plug anyone's services in particular, just provide a service to consumers who don't want to deal with foreign streaming sites.

Hope that helps clear things up.

G

Why are there ads in the middle of the articles? I can understand ads on the sides of the pages but in the middle of the text???

IndignantSkeptic

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
Sometimes things are only legal because they are new so lawmakers don't know about them yet. So before doing certain things, rather than just look at the legal status of something, you have to use your logic to predict whether they should be illegal or not.

readhpr

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013
Hulu Plus just pulled Monk. I started watching Monk on Netflix (with a free trial that came with a Chromecast), but then Netflix yanked it, so rather than continuing with a paid Netflix subscription, I signed up for Hulu Plus. As of last night I was happily watching the 5th season of Monk, and as of today, poof, Monk is gone. This is really really aggravating.

icemunk

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
Hulu Plus just pulled Monk. I started watching Monk on Netflix (with a free trial that came with a Chromecast), but then Netflix yanked it, so rather than continuing with a paid Netflix subscription, I signed up for Hulu Plus. As of last night I was happily watching the 5th season of Monk, and as of today, poof, Monk is gone. This is really really aggravating.

DL it.

HEXiT

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
im all for people paying for the content they consume but 14.99 for a season is getting beyond a joke.
if virgin media picks up syndication of a top tier channel like sky 1 with all its current content it adds about 1p to the cost of the tv package for then that buy it. so why are people being charged 1000's of times more, for the content that would be broadcast on terrestrial tv for pennies. pure greed and disdain for the customer is say.
not to mention you cant keep the content like you bought it on dvd.

Status
Not open for further replies.