10 Strategy Games for the Armchair General

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
please kill the "I wish I were power point" articles already. My attention span is larger than the 50 words this format allows, and I don't need the page to be >50% pictures to read it....

I would love to see how many people click the first page, then leave before finishing these articles...

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
Way to artificially inflate your page count Tom's.
NOBODY likes these 'articles' over the normal format and all you're doing is pissing people off.

tim1935

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
This format does not bother me now that they sped up the load times. In the past it was excrutiatingly slow to switch to other frames.

agnickolov

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
Please stop equating strategy with RTS. The latter term is usually associated with RTT (real-time tactics) titles which is not strategy at all. Some excellent examples of true RTS as in Real Time Strategy (not tactics) are Master of Orion 1 and Capitalism Plus. The original XCOM title (XCOM: UFO Defense) is an example of a mix of RTS (overland) and turn-based tactics (during missions).

sudz28

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2006
I wish I could figure out how to play Crusader Kings II. Sounds great on paper, bought the game, can't figure out what the heck I'm doing - SERIOUSLY needs a strategy guide to be put out for it or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.