10 Tech Resolutions for 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

nestojr

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
So after telling us to disconnect from our phones and other forms of tech, moderation is key, at the end, we're told to "Get Appy". I'm a 30 yr old geek and I have no use for apps other than alarm clock/calendar/email/web browser/weather/camera. Everytime I hear "theres an app for that" I wanna strangle someone. Like my newb wanna-be geek friend who is always telling me I need to jailbreak my phone and shows me all these lame, worthless apps he gets for free. I also can't believe people like to play games and watch movies on those dinky things. Who has time for that anyway ? Isn't that what our shiny 60"+ tvs are for ? Sorry but app talk bugs me LOL

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Coming soon...

The death of Tomsguide / Hardware...

*knock Knock* Someone needs to make a FILTER... I'm the 2nd human to post - otherwise 90% of the page is stupid fracking ADS.

Filter out posts with More than 2-3 links especially those with 3+ "$" symbols.
Even go with capsha (whatever) if need be. IP block?

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
Belardo is right. Your survival as a viable source for news and information depends on blocking the spammers. Whether it's challenge/response (although I've seen ads for human droids to post these ads), or expensive active monitoring 24/7, something needs to be done.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
Get appy goes in contradiction with "don't let tech control you". If we are to be goal oriented, we should use apps as a means to achieve the goal, just as the devices on which the apps run on. Seems there is a general trend to forget to take the time needed to ourselves, too busy rushing to every destination we set ourselves to. In this rush, yeah, apps do become a goal in themselves, just like any other addiction...

The opinions mentioned are solely mine, not based on statistics of any sort, just personal observation and meditation.

Status
Not open for further replies.