10 Things You Need To Know About Firefox 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoemayne

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
Are ALL addons not compatible??? so there are no addons as of now? I can't upgrade if so.

I'll compromise but I really need adblocker and some non-google bookmark synch

G

Can't find either the Stop or Refresh buttons and I don't really like the new "skin", and that Home cannot be colored to stand out. Other than that, okay but not too impressed.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]zoemayne[/nom]Are ALL addons not compatible??? so there are no addons as of now? I can't upgrade if so.I'll compromise but I really need adblocker and some non-google bookmark synch[/citation]
I'm using adblock, noscript, ghostery and a few other add-ons with FF4 and have had not problems, been using FF4 since beta 6 and add-ons have worked (updates within a day usually).

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]Rosech[/nom]Can't find either the Stop or Refresh buttons and I don't really like the new "skin", and that Home cannot be colored to stand out. Other than that, okay but not too impressed.[/citation]
On the address bar, right end next to the star is the Stop/Refresh button, one button for both if not loading it works as refresh if loading it works as stop.

G

I rate this post very low. I am unsure which audience is being targeted here. I am a simple user with basic needs like Video streaming, online games and you have absolutely no information here regarding them.

With a title "10 Things You Need To Know About Firefox 4" you have no given any infact.

E.g: 6. Firefox 4, Chrome 10, or IE9?
Most users will have to answer this question for themselves.

I believe the author had to make 10 points.

I am very disappointed, even though I am an avid reader of your articles.

G

@zoemayne

adblock plus and no script works with minefield 4.0b13pre so you should have no probs with them

G

Yes, I downloaded it too. I like it. Safari has been getting slower, and I'd been using Chrome too. I'd eliminated Firefox a year or two ago. It was just too slow. This feels like a better browser. I've not tried IE9 yet.

reprotected

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
I like some of the new addons that are made exclusively for Firefox 4. I also dislike how you said:
Add-ons for Firefox 3.x are not compatible with Firefox 4.
That is 100% false. Add-ons that are made for Firefox 3.x are compatible with 4, but the question is which. NoScript and Adblock Plus are made for 3.x, and are compatible with 4.

humphreybot

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2011
well, it is fast it looks OK and the memory leak thing it seemed to have isnt there OR quite as bad.

but

i can barely read the menu bar the black on dark blue is stupid. i hope they add some sort of way to make it readable without having to change all my desktop settings for one program. if not, ie9 has actually been fun to use.............screw chome though, i am anti google lolol

G

"Firefox 5 is due to be released in the week of June 29 of this year."? Presumably you mean /next/ year...

humphreybot

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2011
just got a new white on black theme, so easily read :) so i am quite happy.

and so far all of my old add ons seem to be working fine, mainly grease monkey and my UD scripts are working

nukemaster

Distinguished
I grabbed both FF4 and IE9 the other day, both are quite good, i am sticking to FF4 since it still has Adblock and sync for my bookmarks, finally(i know it was a plugin, but on the browser, this makes me happy).

That said. IE9 seems to be improved allot, but it will take more testing to be sure. Shame they are not bringing it to XP tho.

G

However, you may want to wait you’re your upgrade,

This is getting silly! PROOF_READ

G

No, it really is scheduled for 29 June of this year. The "16 months" in the article is wrong, it should read "16 weeks".

Status
Not open for further replies.