100$ Headset Hyperx Cloud amplifier/sound card

Dhyrim

Estimable
May 19, 2014
I am looking for a headset at around 100$
I am going to use it to play games and to listen to music on my pc and laptop. Don't care to mutch about surround sound.
After looking for sometime my eye has fallen on the Hyperx Cloud, it seems to be an overall good headset and it can do what I want it to do.
The thing is it needs a lot of power and I do not know anything about things like amplifiers or sound cards.
I build my pc myself but did not include a soundcard. I have the asus z97. Will this be good to run the cloud? Can i use it on my nooby laptop?
Can I buy a portable amplifier so I can use it or to improve the overall sound? Also if I could in fact do that, do you guys know any good cheap amplifiers that would do the trick, I do not need anything fancy rly.

Solution
the hyperx cloud is a 60ohm pair of headphones so should be able to be powered by your computer and laptop however may benefit from an amp. this could be as cheap as a $26 fiio e6.

also worth looking at is the sennheiser pc320 which does not need an amplifier. it is however rather bass light so i'm not sure if it fits in with your ideal sound profile. it runs just a little more than your budget.

while an amplifier will not really improve "quality" it will give you more volume and might open up the low end a bit more on some harder to drive headphone/headsets
the hyperx cloud is a 60ohm pair of headphones so should be able to be powered by your computer and laptop however may benefit from an amp. this could be as cheap as a $26 fiio e6.

also worth looking at is the sennheiser pc320 which does not need an amplifier. it is however rather bass light so i'm not sure if it fits in with your ideal sound profile. it runs just a little more than your budget.

while an amplifier will not really improve "quality" it will give you more volume and might open up the low end a bit more on some harder to drive headphone/headsets

Solution