$1000ish Laptop Purchase Advice

Solution
well, I actually dont think you have to. yes it's a gaming laptop so if you use the system at full power the battery will drain, but if you play around with the power settings a bit, like limiting your CPU speed you can save quite alot of battery.
that CPU for example, you can clokc it down to 50% while using it on battery which will increase the batterys life while having enough performance? it's a 54 watthour battery which isnt bad.

tsuneo6

Estimable
Aug 22, 2014
well it is a gaming laptop so i'm not sure about the battery life.
the specs are nice though.
but like any laptop it will have power saving options etc.
I see on the website they say it has a battery life for up to 5 hours which isnt bad.
(my laptop could last for 6-7 hours with the CPU being downclocked, and switched to intel graphics)

tsuneo6

Estimable
Aug 22, 2014
well, I actually dont think you have to. yes it's a gaming laptop so if you use the system at full power the battery will drain, but if you play around with the power settings a bit, like limiting your CPU speed you can save quite alot of battery.
that CPU for example, you can clokc it down to 50% while using it on battery which will increase the batterys life while having enough performance? it's a 54 watthour battery which isnt bad.

Solution