1050 2gb, 1050 4gb, 1050ti or 1060?

Kenny_CLY

Prominent
May 14, 2017
I will be studying university in September, congratulations to me. So I decided to buy a new gaming laptop. I am not planning to buy a new one for the next 4 years so I want this laptop to be able to play the next 4 years of triple A title at lowest graphic setting with at least 30-40fps. Is 2gb version of 1050 enough? Or will 4gb version or 1050ti or even 1060 be a safer bet. I don't want to spend too much though so if the cheaper solution works, i will go for the cheaper one. Which gpu should I get?

Solution
If your expectations is to keep the laptop for 4 year and play games with it, then my suggestion is to simply buy a laptop with the most powerful GPU you can afford. In this case it would be the GTX 1060. Not sure what kind of games you want to play and at what graphic settings, but graphics in PC games can advance very quickly which increase the system requirements.

The GTX 1050 is not powerful to actually need 4GB of VRAM. You only need that much if you plan on playing with ultra settings and the GTX 1050 not powerful enough to do so and still give descent performance in demanding games.

Seankay

Commendable
Jul 20, 2016
Well for this, I think you should go for a 1050ti, better if you can get a 1060 as you are willing to invest on one for a longer time. I don;t think 1050 would be your companion for the next 4 years!

If your expectations is to keep the laptop for 4 year and play games with it, then my suggestion is to simply buy a laptop with the most powerful GPU you can afford. In this case it would be the GTX 1060. Not sure what kind of games you want to play and at what graphic settings, but graphics in PC games can advance very quickly which increase the system requirements.

The GTX 1050 is not powerful to actually need 4GB of VRAM. You only need that much if you plan on playing with ultra settings and the GTX 1050 not powerful enough to do so and still give descent performance in demanding games.

Solution