1080p movies/videos are lagging after windows reinstall.

mhasan92

Estimable
May 30, 2014
I am facing a really weird problem, 2 days back i have to reinstall the windows b/c previous windows was not working fine , accidentally in windows setup i format my whole HDD, after a complete fresh install i downloaded some 1080p YouTube videos and movies from torrents, and now these movies/videos are lagging alot, which was not the case before, i used every famous media player VLC< K-Lite, KM Player even used CCCP and in all four players videos are lagging, before windows reinstall all my 1080p stuff was working perfectly fine on every media player.

My laptop specs are :

HP Elite 8530p 15.4" Notebook

Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T9600

(6M Cache, 2.80 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB)

2GB DDR2 800MHz Ram

Radeon HD 3650 Dedicated Video Card

Well, BETA is usually stable. All WHQL means is that Microsoft checked it out and signed off on it, so then the driver producer can list it as a WHQL driver.

Take a look at your task manager when you play a video. If your resources are being stretched thin, there could be something wrong with your hardware (or there's potential for malware to do this sometimes too).

mhasan92

Estimable
May 30, 2014
In K-Lite i am using the settings

Playback >> Output >> madVR,

In madVR, Scaling algorithms >> image upscaling (DVXA2) , image downscaling (DVXA2)

These are the same settings i was using before the indows reinstall and movies/videos were working perfectly fine

I am using Windows 8.1, and vefore the reinstall i was using the same windows aswell.

mhasan92

Estimable
May 30, 2014
yes tried another version of Radeon drivers but the problem remains same

my laptop does not have a Bluray player so playing movie other than torrent is just DVD, which is playing perfectly fine

i changed my windows to windows 7 and in Windows Experience Index my processor rating is down to as low as 4.7 :( i re-run the test many times, but still no luck, is my processor is faulty ?? because 4.7 for a T9600 processor is just insanely low.

I doubt your CPU is faulty. Media playback usually utilizes hardware acceleration, so your Radeon chip should be handling both Blu-ray and DVD media files. The WEI isn't worth leaning on.

You can test your CPU if you're concerned, though. Prime95, IPDT, and Hot CPU Tester are good applications for doing that.

So DVD playback is fine from a physical disc... Have you tried downloading and playing a DVD movie?

Zagawiguay

Estimable
Jul 22, 2014
Hi, it's been a while, so I don't know if you still face this problem, but I most certainly have a solution.

First of all I want to say, don't worry about a file being a torrent-file. There is no such thing as a torrent-file. Torrent is nothing more than a protocol to transfer data. If you transfer it by FTP, HTTP, torrent or email, it simply just doesn't matter, it's still the same file. Have you ever heard of an FTP-file? I sure didn't. If a file is good or not always depends on the source, not on the transfer protocol.
If I upload my vacation video by torrent so my sister can download it, it's bit by bit the same file. Just be aware that there are some sites that have crappy quality movies, but I guess you know that by now.

Anyway, sorry, just needed to get that said. What most probably your problem is, is not the video driver nor the player, but the codecs. The codecs are installed in windows, video players usually access those codecs, to decode the movie. Therefore it makes perfectly sense that using different players results in the same problem.
I suggest to use the K-lite codec pack (easily to be found on sourceforge). I won't post a direct links since they keep updating those.
I would guess that after installing the codec pack, your movies run as smooth as they did before. Even torrent files ;-)

The only thing that makes me wonder is the VLC player. It usually uses a software-internal decoder. But I still think it will fix your problem. Would appreciate a feedback.

"Torrent" can refer to either the file containing the metadata or the protocol itself. A torrent file therefore is an actual thing.

But that's a moot point either way. It's possible the codec is the problem. K-lite is a good suggestion. :)

TRENDING THREADS