1080p support/hdmi upgrade-laptop

cliffbrowning84

Commendable
Apr 13, 2016
I don't want to spend a month learning what I need to know so I hope someone can help. First off I do not want to buy a new device unless it is for this laptop. I have an old toshiba laptop. Full specs here ... http://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=2413963 . The detailed specs pdf under manuals and specs tells everything. It has native 720p support but I feel this is because it was a midrange laptop and they didn't want to spend money on a better display and hdmi port. It comes with a t6400 core duo @ 2.00 Ghz, intel board graphics, vga port, and usb 2.0. I have upgraded the memory to 8 GB of ddr2 @ 800 Mhz. I wanted to know if this computer can support up to 1080p and if there is a way to add hdmi to it or another way to output 1080p quality like an adapter. I figured the first raspberry pi b+ with an arm processor at 900 Mhz and only one core can play 1080p so why not this laptop. I know that the pi's broadcom chip might make the difference but I'm not sure. Thank you in advance.