Sleepyhead Media

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013
As the title suggests I'm looking for a Camcorder that is either 1200p/1440p or 1600p @60FPS.
4K is wildly expensive for me, but I don't want a 1080p Camcorder..
I would like to downscale from one of those resolutions to 1080p so I have better image quality at 1080p.
I don't want RAW footage at 1080p*
a higher resolution* (NOT 4K)
AT 60FPS AT THE MOST.*
45FPS AT THE LEAST.*

Also a module for adding a external microphone, because I would rather not use the Camcorders built-in microphone.

Solution

1) No such thing as a consumer 1200p/1440p/1600p camcorder. Camcorders use standard digital television and film specifications, which means 1080p or "4k". There are a few non-standard sizes, but they are ~$50000 high speed cameras
2) Your budget is quite low if it includes everything. For what you want, you'll need a camera, microphone, tripod, and lights. Even assuming using only the (horrible) built in microphone of the camera and a set of cheap home depot lights, you're actually down to ~$500 for the camera at best!
3) 45FPS? Unless you want to suffer from the Hobbit style motion sickness stick to standard...

Sleepyhead Media

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013

I need a Camera solution then, could you give me an example of some? and I'm sure 4K beats 1080p any day of the week in sharpness and clearness, unless you can give me a example? link my a couple camera options?

Random_tech

Estimable
Aug 24, 2015

there are a whole lot of varible to camera shapness, example : lens, bitrate, compression, sensor.

also how much is you budjet for the camera.

also some smart phone cameras are very good.
and finaly what are you going to use it for

Sleepyhead Media

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013

$600 budget.
Filming tech videos/vloging outside-inside, showing important components on camera/how-to-videos ect..

Random_tech

Estimable
Aug 24, 2015

why does it have to be a camcorder.
some of the best cameras are not camcorders, they are other from-factors
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-DSC-RX100M-Cyber-shot-Digital-Camera/dp/B00K7O2DJU

if that camera is too expensive, then the mark 2 is the same quality, but with a few less features

1) No such thing as a consumer 1200p/1440p/1600p camcorder. Camcorders use standard digital television and film specifications, which means 1080p or "4k". There are a few non-standard sizes, but they are ~$50000 high speed cameras
2) Your budget is quite low if it includes everything. For what you want, you'll need a camera, microphone, tripod, and lights. Even assuming using only the (horrible) built in microphone of the camera and a set of cheap home depot lights, you're actually down to ~$500 for the camera at best!
3) 45FPS? Unless you want to suffer from the Hobbit style motion sickness stick to standard 24/30/60Hz (by 1000/1001) rates.

4) You seriously need to take lessons in how video works. ALL of your specifications are basically gaming specifications having nothing to do with video. The FPS you get in games has nothing to do with video capture!

Given your knowledge of video, get a point and shoot camera and spend the rest on lessons on basic cinematography techniques and . You'll get far better quality video that way. Far, far better quality.

Solution

Random_tech

Estimable
Aug 24, 2015

or 25/50hz (if you are in a PAL regoin, like Australia and Egland)

I would say yes, but this guy wants to do the whole youtube thing, which will force everything to 24/30/60 anyway. Still have yet to see a PAL encoded video on youtube even from brits I usually watch. You can get around the whole light flicker issue with a change in shutter speed after all.

Random_tech

Estimable
Aug 24, 2015

i have uploaded(and continue on uploading at 50p).
if you don't believe me here is a link to my video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WpO-iDUlwE
if you look at the settings then quailty, you will see 1080p50,720p50, etc

Sleepyhead Media

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013

Peter Jackson wanted to do the film at 45FPS, but ended up doing it at standard.. That's why there was motion sickness, it was like 30FPS.
So obviously in action scenes it made the watcher feel sick, the head honchos said that at 45FPS the characters looked to ''REAL" and might freak people out.
I did'nt know if there was such thing as a 1200p, 1440p or 1600p consumer grade camera, perhaps I could ship one from Europe or Asia?
How have I shown I know nothing about Cinematography? your criticism is more a beat down than constructive.

Sleepyhead Media

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013

You actually made decent videos, I'm subscribed to your YouTube channel now.
Now the camera you suggested has no external mic option, I've only seen those on Camcorders..

Sleepyhead Media

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013
Hey, what do you use to edit your videos on YouTube? Ive always been a fan of Sony Vegas, but your intro videos seems
more like Adobe.
Also, what camera do you use? You have good quality videos.
And did you make the music for your intro video? or use some free music website?

Hobbit was shot at 48Hz, not 45, and main reason it wasn't used was technical, mainly the fact few theaters supported 48Hz 3D playback.

No, there is no such thing period. You're confusing monitors with cameras.

You should have known from the get go that you didn't know about cinematography. Nobody is born knowing these things, so if you don't learn it from somewhere you won't know it.

The most constructive criticism I can give is that you need to learn about cameras, videography, and what is important to tell your audience about your subject matter. For that, you should study cinematography to know more about your audience and how to appeal to them. You don't need a fancy camera for that, you need tried and tested techniques and hard earned understanding of how to use those techniques to better tell your "story" (about a product). Your audience will judge you more on impact of your content than the visual quality of that content.

Random_tech

Estimable
Aug 24, 2015

thanks,
i use Adobe Preimer pro CS6.
for the camera i use a Sony NX30P, which i beleive it is discontinued now, let alone it is way outside of your budjet, about $2000.
i got my music from NCS (no copyright sounds), which there is a link in the description