120Hz over HDMI 15m

colintve

Honorable
Aug 2, 2013
HelpPlease. I have a PC with NVIDIA GT650 card which can run 720 at 120HZ. I have a BENQ w703D which does 3D but needs to run at 120Hz. When 3D is not selected all works ok, when a movie is played and 3D is turned on I get OUT OF RANGE. When using a 3m HDMI cable it works. When using a 15m cable with booster in the middle I get the Out of Range. What is the best way to get this signal over this distance (amp/pc to projector) or must I move the PC and send the audio back, which is less difficult? Prefer not to move the PC. Thanx

mauller07

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
is the booster before the 15m cable? it could be that the 15m cable is just not of good enough quality to send the signal if on a 3m cable the picture is fine.

you could try wrapping the 15m cable in some tin foil to help with any EMI to see if it helps.

colintve

Honorable
Aug 2, 2013
The booster is integral to the cable and is in the middle of the cable. It cant be removed, its like a bulge in the cable. I understand it must be the 15m cable that is preventing the 120Hz, as the 3m cable does work, so what I really want to know is how I can get the signal from the amp to the projector. Is there a specific way of knowing the cable will support it? Anyone have any experience with this issue? Thanks for the replies.

colintve

Honorable
Aug 2, 2013
No it didn't say that s I bought that cable some time ago. I will buy the one from Amazon and see if that works then. The projector is only 1.3 by the way, yet runs 3D over it. So I understand you don't need 1.4 for 3D.