$135,000 Blu-ray Player Over the Top

Status
Not open for further replies.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Short of making the case out of gold or platinum, I really don't see how you could possibly get to a $135,000 price tag for a Blu-Ray player (or any media player, for that matter).

Someguyperson

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2007
OK, this is just stupid. First of all, it looks like it is from the 80's. It is so huge, heavy, ugly, and outdated that the original design probably used a LaserDisc instead of a Blu-Ray disc. As for the dampening system, unless you live on a fault line or want to make computer chips on top of it, it is a fairly useless feature. Yes, spinning discs are sensitive to slight vibrations, but you don't need 66lbs and a dedicated table to do it. Do they honestly think it will move more than 1cm? Really, just look at the legs and how much room they have to move. This thing won't be bought by the military, sorry guys.

G

This is one of the dumbest consumer electronics products I've ever seen, if not THE dumbest. The dedicated table is retarded, the features are lacking (unbalanced audio for pete's sake) and the price is an insult. Oh, it cost you 130k for all that brass? Really? I bet it costs them under $500 to build one of these things and they have the nerve to charge $135k for one? I hope this company goes out of business TODAY. Anyone who buys one of these is a MORON with TOO MUCH MONEY.

doc70

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
soooo, the suspension on this thing is more complicated than a Ferrari's?... And that's why you're supposed to pay that much on it?
C'mon! One could buy an actual Ferrari with that cash...albeit not new, but still...

ArgleBargle

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2008
If it had 4K X 2K projection capability, I could maybe see the markup. I wonder if the Monster HDMI cables your are supposed to use with this are included, or extra?
Well, there's always a market for the more-money-than-brains crowd.

michaelahess

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
The suspension is useless, this isn't a record player. Obviously thats the audience they are aiming for. Too bad it's a DIGITAL player where the suspension is 110% not needed. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Maybe I can start selling an iPod dock that has a "transparency" suspension system, keeps all those bits from bouncing around. I'll only charge $5000 for it though.

G

"supposedly improving image stability and sonic transparency.". Wow, you mean it has snake oil in it too? Jeepers! It truly has everything! I blame you, "audiophiles", for starting this business of making up things that the human eye and ear can't detect.

gmcboot

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
and the player is heavily damped, supposedly improving image stability and sonic transparency.

This is for stupid rich people. Not that all rich people are stupid, but they share in the percentage of the population who happen to wear the stupid hat.

It going to look better because it weighs more.... ummm that only really worked with analog sources because they were highly vulnerable to vibrations.. because they were analog sources. Yes you can a DVD or CD skip, but suspending one from a 66 pound shock absorber not gonna do a darn thing. .. Image stability.. sonic transparency.. anyone who believes that deserves to looks 135,000.

NO.. NO.. I have a better idea.. I am going to do the same thing. I am going to make a 66 pounds aluminum and brass PS3 enclosure. I will set the $299 PS3 in the 66 pounds block of recycled Coke CANS. I will only charge $130,000 for it.. I mean it is the PS3 Slim after all. Have to pass along the savings!

starryman

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
Sum of the parts (and including engineering/design) don't add up. While it maybe impressive it's just a Sony or Denon or Phillips BD player broken down with a new case. Like taking a Dell computer and putting a sic 1 inch thick aluminum case around it. The BD player drive and electronics probably came from something high-end but no more than $3K. And the casing was probably $4K to produce. Overall cost is $7K for a waste of time and a $128K mark up.

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
dumb... if you buy one you're dumb. That is it, no arguements of buts about it. You're just stupid.

But if man thought some dumb4ss would buy a terd for $478,000 instead of $5 then it will be done. The trick is to market to rich suckers that think the more you spend the better it is... Save yourself a LOT of money and pass on this one!

ssalim

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2007
Hope it has back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back lifetime warranty with no questions asked, both labor and material. Lol. I too would rather buy a house with that money.

Status
Not open for further replies.