15 Time-Saving Technology Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomsguiderachel

Distinguished
May 16, 2008
[citation][nom]donovands[/nom]What, you can only save time with an iPhone? Place your Apple Zombie order here.[/citation]
Most of our solutions are for browsers--on a computer. If you've got great ideas for time saving apps for Android, Blackberry, etc. please share them here.

Thanks for reading.

Rachel Rosmarin
Editor, Tom's Guide

victorintelr

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
What, you can only save time with an iPhone? Place your Apple Zombie order here.
Most of our solutions are for browsers--on a computer. If you've got great ideas for time saving apps for Android, Blackberry, etc. please share them here.
15 time-saving technology tips??
Yes and no....
8 "solutions" for iPhone
6 "solutions" for browsers
1 other "solution" (adapter)
I pretty much agree with donovands as I agree with Tomsguiderachel, over half of the "solutions" are for iPhone/iTouch though one of the solutions, is not only for iPhone (charger), and the other one uses a computer (evernote) and FORTUNATELY is not only for iPhone. In my opinion for this article to be a true "technology" article should be more varied, instead of being half of it dedicated to the iPhone. It's very used and many people have it, but is not the only one. When I read the title I expected everything but a half iPhone article. So most of the solutions for browser? not quite in this article. Sorry.
At least I can take advantage of half of it.
What a pity I'm not a Steve Jobs minion.....

daglesj

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2007
Before I looked at the comments I thought "hohum yet another ass kissing ad-article for the iPhone!"

And I'm right.

Baaa Baaaa Baaaaa

jgutz2006

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
[citation][nom]magruder13[/nom]There is a droid app for the last one, Its called "Where's my Droid" and I love it![/citation]

Love it, i've used it a few times to my delight! the dial your phone wont do any good if the phone is on vibrate so this little app is 2nd to none

mactruck

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
I feel like my time has been wasted reading an article focusing half it's time-saving solutions on iphone-only apps. I would love to see Tom's save me time by clearly separating or labeling articles for iOS devices so I can avoid them altogether. Many other tech websites already do this as a courtesy to their readers, and it also helps to cut down on the comment trolling.

G

I like Toms Guide and check it frequently. However my time saving tip is to skip any of these articles on Tom's that are just a bunch of photos to click through. The download times on them is annoyingly slow...not that the pictures are big, but it seems that Tom's server can't respond quickly so that there is a long delay between frames that kills the buzz.

g-thor

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
Honestly, I got to the 6th tip and then looked at the comments. By the 6th one it was already nothing more than iPhone tips to me. This was badly titled - in fact totally misleading, I expect better on Tom's.

Since I'm on a rant, I am tired of the media and common assumption of Apple ubiquity. I own an HTC Magic (brand name) but refer to it as an Android phone (the OS is what makes it work), not an iPhone. I own a Creative Zen Vision:M, not an iPod. I have nothing against Apple ot its products. I dislike the slack vocabulary used.

G

i wasted 10min clicking thru your pictures....Google search defaults can be set in the top right corner. Dont need to click your way to Advanced Search and select 100....duh

G

I don't have an iPhone. If you were going to make most "tips" revolve around the iPhone, you should have stated so earlier.

sylvez

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2005
it will save me 5 minutes of my time if Toms stop using this crappy false-advertisment-views-generating slideshow thingamajig

Status
Not open for further replies.