15 Wild Displays, Coming Your Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

A snow board with a screen on it. I would say I seen it all, but there will be something else next. Also see a mail icon, so you must be able to check your while snowboarding...and crash into a tree while doing that :p

G

Wish higher resolution/ppi displays were something companies were actually interested in marketing rather than just producing as tech demos. lenovo and some other companies have done it in the past for monitors, and laptop panels do it today, but the current trend is to stick anything above 30'' at 1920x1080, when monitors at that size are already 2560x1600. At least use 2560x1440, don't go down in resolution as size goes up. The main reason (besides price and 16:9) I don't consider using a single screen for TV and as a monitor is the horrid ppi of a television.

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
The see though displays are cool @.@ I want one for my window, and if possible able to use touch on both sides. I would love to have it facing me back yard so i can pull up weather on one side when i wake up, and when i go outside play some music and look up drink mixes on the other.

The pen support for Ebooks was neet to. if wacom came out with something similar, but in a tablet format (like droid tablet) It would be a ausome replacement for my drawing pad >.< and I wount be loosing sketeches any more, or be needing to hound my scanner at all times of the day.

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
I think they really need to get back to the basics. Make the screen high resolution, accurately colored (for instance, the cheap display on my thinkpad is far too white, just like another cheap laptops screen, though I don't know if LED backlighting plays a part in that. My older, more expensive desktop monitors aren't as white, though flourescent-backlit, and are far more accurate), MATTE finished (glossy doesn't result in much more vibrancy and it means TONS more glare), and with plenty of inputs and less bezel. Can we just decide on one thing, Displayport or HDMI? Besides, there was nothing wrong with DVI except that the connector is a tad big. And I'll admit, the 1" bezels on many laptops look ugly. On the other hand, I don't notice the one on my 19" 5:4 sony, which is more than an inch thick.

Seriously, a translucent monitor is cool, but I won't buy it if it misses the essentials like a matte finish and accurate color. I'm not a phototographer, I just don't enjoy looking at overly white colors. Those hurt my eyes a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.