16 Hot New Headphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
God a waste land in the beginning but the CT6s, the Sennheisers, and the Grados are pretty good. To be honest, I am into high end audio especially personal audio and I have never heard of the Grado GR8s,though I own Grado SR225 headphones. Thanks Kate for pointing me toward them, I have been looking for some new IEMs in that price range.

Major7up

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
Not one of those stuck out to me as "ooh, I want those" but the heartbeats of whatever the Lady Gaga ones are look incredibly awful.

michaelahess

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
I can't believe people still buy Monster and Bose and think they are getting "quality" for the extra cash. Anyone that's listened to a good set of Sens or even Sony studio headphones would laugh at the quality of the Bose ones.

And since when is 3-4' a good long length? If my headphones don't have at least a 5' cord I won't use them, it's almost three feet from my hip to my ear for christ sake.

Tomsguiderachel

Distinguished
May 16, 2008
Sometimes, a too-long cord can be annoying (for instance, people who work out at the gym often want a shorter cord). Also, some people are shorter and smaller than Michaelahess and don't have a 3-foot span from hip to ear. What's important is that the market strive to provide options for people of all sizes.

waxdart

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
@ The_Blood_Raven. 100% agree on the Grado. I have the 80i version just below yours and I'm very happy with them. Doesn't have the over the top fake base sound and its all crystal clear.

note to those thinking about buying: Grado are open backed and designed to leak sound. A draw back for late night use, but a huge plus for sound quality. Go for a good in-ear bud type for night use.

pim69

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
a too-long cord can easily be remedied with twist ties. a too-short cord is not possible to fix. which is the better option to sell?

G

I have never seen some professional DJ headphones or production one's tested, i mean, if you guys put those BOSE giants on test then why not the Sony MDR-700 or Technics RP-DJ1210? they are both old products but still my technics give me the best quality/isolation balance possible, when there's love to music comfortability really doesnt get a big factor.

G

I like quality headphones and I learned a LOT from head-fi.org I even went to a headphone event they had near LAX. I own Audio Technica ATH-A700 closed back phones, and Ultimate Ears UE5. I will be getting Denon A5000's this Christmas as they have the best balance of tight, quick, low bass and overall pleasing mids and highs without wearing you out. You can find the Denons for $600 and I paid $130 for my Audio-Technica's which I like more than the Grado 225, or Denon A2000 but not more than the Grado HF2's my buddy has.
Hope that helps. Go to Head-fi they are an enormous wealth of music lovers there.

nztim

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
What a shame they left out the most exciting headphones.
Come on tom do the exciting stuff.
swimp3 (like swim & mp3) are 100% waterproof and don't go in your ears. They attach to your cheekbones and work through bone transfer technology. you can buy them on amazon. I have a pair and they are great. www.swimp3.com

Tomsguiderachel

Distinguished
May 16, 2008
[citation][nom]nztim[/nom]What a shame they left out the most exciting headphones.Come on tom do the exciting stuff.swimp3 (like swim & mp3) are 100% waterproof and don't go in your ears. They attach to your cheekbones and work through bone transfer technology. you can buy them on amazon. I have a pair and they are great. www.swimp3.com[/citation]
How new are the SwimP3s? If they are older than a couple months on the market, we couldn't have included them in this roundup of "Brand new" headphones.

nztim

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
Honestly I couldn't tell you, I just bought them, I don't make them. Though you could argue what is Brand New? another pair of red earbuds that were released this week or "Crickey - we've never seen something like that before!" by the way, 2 weeks ago I upgraded my PC to an i5 MB and CPU primarily because of an article in Toms. Jolly good stuff, keep it up.

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
[citation][nom]michaelahess[/nom]I can't believe people still buy Monster and Bose and think they are getting "quality" for the extra cash. Anyone that's listened to a good set of Sens or even Sony studio headphones would laugh at the quality of the Bose ones.And since when is 3-4' a good long length? If my headphones don't have at least a 5' cord I won't use them, it's almost three feet from my hip to my ear for christ sake.[/citation]

Sorry bro bit why monster makes TERRIBLELY overpriced cables, the Monster Turbines are quite good. As for Bose, yes extremely overpriced.

G

I am a little disappointed not to see more wireless earbuds in this presentation
I have been using the OPERA S5 which are also, like the RS180 from Senheiser, using the Kleer technology
The OPERA S5 offers a very good price/quality ratio and are very convenient to use with your iPod or iPhone
I have also used the transmitter S5T from the OPERA S5 with the RS180 and it just works great
This allows to use the RS180 with your iPod!
See more on www.wirefreehifi.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.