Question 17 character p/w has me tearing out my hair!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 27, 2021
Hello,

I am using a Tab A Samsung SM-T580 Android 8.1.0 and I am trying unsuccessfully to add another user account to it. When I choose "Add new user" it wants the p/w that I used when I made the existing account.. no worries I have that. BUT the issue is that the p/w is 17 characters, and that is one character too many for me to enter it in! Somewhere there is a 16 character limit on p/w's. Who knew? And why didn't it pitch a fit when I FIRST used the 17 alphanumeric one?

I have tried to log in to Google and change my p/w but that doesn't work. Someone suggest waiting 72 hours and then trying to enter the 17 character one again. I don't know how this will help. I may be wrong but I don't think this is the FRP thing.

In any case how do I get to add a new account to my tablet,? I suppose I could do a factory reset but sometimes that doesn't clear things out entirely. There must be something clever to let me add an account, but I can't seem to see/find it.

Thanks to all who read or reply.

K F

Somewhere there is a 16 character limit on p/w's. Who knew? And why didn't it pitch a fit when I FIRST used the 17 alphanumeric one?
Typically, in a situation like this, the last character entered is ignored, so "abcdefghijklmnopq" entered as the password the first time would have been saved as the same, just without the "q".

I know you didn't ask, but I would note to future readers that Tom's Guide does not assist in password recovery/by pass in anyway shape or form and your best bet would be to contact Samsung should you need to reset it (if possible).

-Wolf sends

Mar 27, 2021
It's a shame that the general consensus is, that any question regarding a password is being asked by someone trying to "beat the system" or get around the miserable FRP. You were correct, I DIDN'T ASK because that's not what I want to do. I simply wanted access to my second Google Photos account that is full of stuff from my phone. I can easily do that from my PC. It just would have been handier to do it from my tablet as well.

There's obviously no way I can prove what I originally asked you is the truth, so we best just forget I ever asked. I will leave you to your own devices, its your forum and surely you can run it however you choose. But prejudging someone isn't the best thing in today's world, at least not for myself.

Trust me, I am very resourceful and if I need to find stock firmware for the tablet I will do that, and invoke the Norse God "Odin" to help me. Or just access both Photo accounts from the PC. I don't HAVE TO HAVE IT.

I think you get my drift. Sorry I bothered you.

I will not be returning so there's no need to reply, I won't see it. Plus it's one more set of user and p/w names I don't need to encrypt.:LOL:

Feel free to delete my account, and have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.