17' Laptops with great audio cards.

Sterling_3

Estimable
Jan 28, 2016
Please help ! After doing extensive research, I been looking for 17 inch laptops with great sound cards/Audio got music production and clarity with highs and lows and good bass.

I had a Asus ultrabook before, and it used Sonic master audio, which I was not to crazy by. The Bass was flat, although the mids was pretty decent. When I'm mixing music, I try to be as accurate as possible and Sonic master Audio gave me trouble.

I've looked up Waves Maxx audio followed by JBL Dolby Digital with Lenvo computers.

I'm also choosing a laptop on great resolution, because I also do visual arts so my choices has been down to

Acer v7 Nitro 17'

Vs

Lenovo y700 17'

My specs: must have

16gb of ram

Great pixel resolution

Some SSD

Great Intel processor

+960 graphics card

Can someone please help me? Budget is at 1200

Solution

Sterling_3

Estimable
Jan 28, 2016

Thanks, but my knowledge external audio cards is limited. I was under the assumption people only use them for connecting instruments to the pc or sound recording. Is that correct?

I'm strictly only using programs like fl studio, maschine, Omnisphere, etc. Would I still need a external audio card? If so, how do I use it for mixing. Thanks.

No, that's not correct. USB bypasses your internal soundcard, meaning if it wasn't a soundcard, there's no sound at all both playback and recording. For mixing? Like you otherwise would with an internal soundcard. You do however may not want something this expensive, as it's entry level studio recording, but something like http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-Sound-Blaster-System-Preamp/dp/B00GMDWNJK/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1454163729&sr=8-4&keywords=soundblaster+usb+soundcard

The goal we want to achieve here is that you need to use an external soundcard, you want the signal to be as clean as possible. You won't get that with an internal soundcard, or even a PCIe soundcard, which is technically internal as well. The pros use external equipment for a reason.

The one I listed has got regular headphone and mic connectivity as well, so I think that would suit you better, rather than XLR for studio grade instruments. You'd be surprised how good music sounds with an actual soundcard and not some crappy internal on board audio interface/card. You mix inside the program you're using.

Solution