2.0 Speakers for my PC

ptrickono

Estimable
Oct 5, 2014
Hi,

I am looking for a set of 2.0 Speakers for my PC with a $100 budget, I am not sure which to get as I have no experience with PC speakers!

So any suggestions would be great!

Solution
I had a bose set I used back in my lan party days but I cant find them they were small but powerfull - I guess I need to dig into some boxes

good luck

that's how I got these logi z3's by luck needed a set went to Wal-Mart look things over - shrugged my shoulders and thought these look good for the price and went with them and it all worked out

ptrickono

Estimable
Oct 5, 2014

yeah a little large as I will be putting them on my desk, I have heard that these are alright speakers but I am not sure how much I am paying into the Bose name, Do you know anything about them?:
http://www.amazon.ca/Bose-Companion-Series-Multimedia-Speakers/dp/B00CD1PTF0
I also don't know anything about speaker specs so I don't know if these are actually decent

junkeymonkey

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
well it can be personal preference -- what sounds good to me may not to you I may like more bass and you may not as you said you look for the ones that fit your space requirements and really after that its all chance cause you don't know how they will produce sound that's pleasing to your ears or how they or can they adjust out to make them sound good to you - its all chance

ptrickono

Estimable
Oct 5, 2014

I can understand that but I am sure that some speakers are going to deliver "crisper" sounds than others

junkeymonkey

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
''deliver "crisper" sounds than others '' --all matter of individual opinion

that's what I mean.. I think speakers [a] sounds great then you may not and prefer speaker and the next guy may not like either one of them and prefer speaker [c] .. everyone's ears / hearing is not the same

this set sounds too much bass ,this set too tinny that one has a crackle I don't hear but you do ??

its all personal preference

you buy a set that looks to you plug it in and see. you'll be satisfied or you will not -- then you got to think how well your systems audio device will do or what adjustments it allows and how that set of speakers will adjust out with that ??

ptrickono

Estimable
Oct 5, 2014

So I guess the best thing to do is go to a computer shop and try out different speakers?

ptrickono

Estimable
Oct 5, 2014

Yeah I dont think they are made anymore..

junkeymonkey

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013

ptrickono

Estimable
Oct 5, 2014

Alright fair enough! Ill probably end up getting the bose I mentioned previously and hope they are alright

junkeymonkey

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
I had a bose set I used back in my lan party days but I cant find them they were small but powerfull - I guess I need to dig into some boxes

good luck

that's how I got these logi z3's by luck needed a set went to Wal-Mart look things over - shrugged my shoulders and thought these look good for the price and went with them and it all worked out

Solution

ptrickono

Estimable
Oct 5, 2014

Ahaha alright thanks for the tips I appreciate it!

ptrickono

Estimable
Oct 5, 2014

In your opinion which would you go with?

junkeymonkey

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
1/2 of one is as good as the next like I said what sounds good to him or me may not to you or you may be tone deaf in a way we are not or something

its all about personal preference you may order 10 sets blind as you are and find only 1 or 2 of them please ''YOUR'' ears

I came back to ask why not a 2.1 ? that sure make them explosions and what not a good deeper sound [reason I went to look for the speakers I said above ] I don't have a issue with the 3 big bass speaker but over the 2.0 sets it a nice sound improvement

ptrickono

Estimable
Oct 5, 2014

I asked because I was just looking for his opinion :)
Not a 2.1 because I dont have space for sub

junkeymonkey

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
sorry ....

LOL ya. opinions are like --- holes we all got them.. well that's cool.. we all know Bose has been around and has been well known/household name for the high sound quality, but no matter what he says or I say it comes down to what you end up choosing and you hook them up the you will know if it was the right choice

I said above unless you can hear them ahead of the buy its all pot luck with what you end up with all comes down to chance

I don't have 4 sets of speakers cause they all sound good and one is the only one I use full time for my enjoyment .

bottom line is your still buying them blind and all you got to go by is opinion unless you hear them first and can say ''ya, those are the ones I like / sounds the best '' and then put it in the cart you just buying with your fingers crossed and hoping for the best outcome ..

you buy -you try- and hope it don't make you cry