2.0 Stereo, 5.1 Surround or 7.1 Surround for CS:GO

erykkrol

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
What do you guys think works best for gaming, especially CS:GO since that will probably be the game I will be using my headset on. Is there any noticable difference on the different settings? This is all using the same headset by the way.

Solution
If you're using headphones, then set it up as stereo. What do you have for audio? Onboard or discreet. Using my SB Zx with both headphones and 5.1, I have it set up in two profiles, one for each. If I switch the card to the headphones with the 5.1 profile, there's a weirdness to it. it doesn't sound good. I'm not an audiophile per se, just someone who likes good sound. Always use the correct number of channels for the speaker/phones setup.

dudmont

Estimable
Feb 23, 2015
If you're using headphones, then set it up as stereo. What do you have for audio? Onboard or discreet. Using my SB Zx with both headphones and 5.1, I have it set up in two profiles, one for each. If I switch the card to the headphones with the 5.1 profile, there's a weirdness to it. it doesn't sound good. I'm not an audiophile per se, just someone who likes good sound. Always use the correct number of channels for the speaker/phones setup.

Solution

erykkrol

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
Yeah I just use the Corsair H1500. They are USB I don't think that a soundcard makes a difference, at least that's what I heard. Either way I use the onboard sound card on an Asus p8z77-v lx.