2.1 Speaker Only Plays Left Channel On Both Sides

Del09

Estimable
May 8, 2014
sounds from left channel plays on both left and right speakers. but when i play sounds for the right channel, nothing plays. at first i thought it was my driver for on my PC but then i tried the stereo test on my phone and it was the same. i don't think the right speaker is dead as it still plays.

i suspect maybe short on the channels or i don't know. any help would be appreciated.
also in the past, i can fix it by fiddling with the volume control/wheel. for some reason i get the right channel if i press the volume wheel or put it on a certain volume.

dan2804

Estimable
Mar 1, 2014
what speakers are you using and what laptop do you have. If you can fix it by fiddling with the volume control then maybe the volume control knob is broken and needs replacing

Del09

Estimable
May 8, 2014

i have an X-210 from logitech and i have a desktop.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tombo9 Audio 3
M Audio 1
B Audio 1
alphacoyle Audio 4
LostWorm Audio 1
A Audio 1
SyncMasterBW Audio 2
P Audio 1
R Audio 1
J Audio 2
K Audio 1
D Audio 1
J Audio 6
J Audio 1
L Audio 3
MrSalty Audio 11
A Audio 1
A Audio 7
T Audio 1
mattenthehat Audio 5
Similar threads
Question I want to play sound out of a phone speaker from a computer (via Bluetooth?)
Question Creative T15 Wireless playing sound only from left speaker when using aux
Question Audio playing on speakers even with headphones plugged in
Question Looking for simple ac speaker that supports sd and/or usb for playing mp3 music?
Question PC 5.1 Surround Sound: Right speaker sound playing out of left speaker
Question Is there such a thing as a speaker switch to play speakers from 2 different devices with priority?
Question 5.1 system surround playing through front speakers
Sony STR-350Z Receiver only playing one speaker
My headphones are barely out of the headphone jack, and my speakers are playing when I want my headphones to play
Left speaker stops playing randomly (2.1 speaker)
My Realtek HD Audio speakers does not play sound....
how to have two different audio simultaneously played in headphone and pc's speaker
Solved! I want to pair the CD-playing little shelf stereo in my mom's dining room, to Bluetooth speakers in her living room. I have a
Solved! How can I play sound at the same both from my laptop and my extended monitor I connected with HDMI cable?
I installed 4 pc speakers to my pc using a 3.5mm splitter, but only one channel plays. What can I do to get both right and lef
Rear Channels Play Through Front Speakers
Both Speakers Play Left Channel
My 2.1 sound system only plays sound from the right channel??
5.1 Surround System plays same channels on all speakers in Sound Test
Play subwoofer audio through left AND right channels?

ASK THE COMMUNITY