2.1 woofers sounding muffled

aayush387

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
I shifted my home ..... And after the shifting plugged in my altec Lansing mx5021 speakers to my computer which has an Asus maximus gene mother board with on board sound . The problem is that before the shifting, the bass was really crisp . But now it sounds muffled. It lacks any punch and the dialogues are hard to hear. I love the speakers and would be extremely grateful if someone could help me out.
Thank you

Solution
The AL mx5021 is a 3 piece amplified speaker system. Bass frequencies which come out of the woofer will typically sound muffled because they are low frequencies. "Crispness" comes out of the 2 satellite speakers. The mx5021 indicates that main volume and bass volume are independently controllable. I suggest you turn the bass volume way down and verify that the satellite speakers are working. Then increase the bass volume for proper balance. (Assuming all connections are properly made and power is on.)
shifted your home?

as in you moved a trailer or mobile home to a new area?

or do you mean you re-arranged the room and moved the subwoofer to a new location?

--

if you moved the subwoofer to a new location bear in mind that if it is down firing you want it on a hard surface not on carpet as it will muffle the output. try to orient the subwoofer in a similar way and in a similar area that you had it before and the results should match what was.

captain8ball

Honorable
Apr 2, 2012
The AL mx5021 is a 3 piece amplified speaker system. Bass frequencies which come out of the woofer will typically sound muffled because they are low frequencies. "Crispness" comes out of the 2 satellite speakers. The mx5021 indicates that main volume and bass volume are independently controllable. I suggest you turn the bass volume way down and verify that the satellite speakers are working. Then increase the bass volume for proper balance. (Assuming all connections are properly made and power is on.)

Solution