Solved! 2 separate audio thru tv

Oct 23, 2018
I have a new Samsung QLED TV and bought a 3.1 Samsung sound bar that I hooked up and it is working fine. Ran HDMI CABLE USING (ARC) ports on back of tv & sound bar. Here is my question.
I have a Yamaha 2.1 receiver model 797 w/ mostly RCA ports on back that.
I listen to music using my cd player utilizing very nice $$ Paradigm speakers.
everything is located on tv stand below the tv which is mounted on wall.
Can I run my tv with sound bar as I currently have set up......... and then also hook my a/v receiver up as a separate entity getting more of a sound system for my tv. I have it is sitting there why not use them. I KNOW I may have to get conversion splitter etc... but I am not sure how to go about things..........help

Solution
Unless you want to go into the TV menu to change the audio output that is turned on you will need to use the same output for the soundbar and receiver.
If the TV has a headphone or analog audio output then you would split that and connect it to both.
Another option would be to use an HDMI-ARC audio extractor.
https://www.amazon.com/Tendak-Extractor-Converter-Soundbar-Amplifier/dp/B07CJ96MQV
Connect that to the HDMI-ARC input on the TV. It will have an optical output for the soundbar and an analog output for the receiver. The TV has to be set to output in PCM stereo for it to work.
Or just ditch the soundbar and use your good gear all the time. Your ears will thank you for it.
Unless you want to go into the TV menu to change the audio output that is turned on you will need to use the same output for the soundbar and receiver.
If the TV has a headphone or analog audio output then you would split that and connect it to both.
Another option would be to use an HDMI-ARC audio extractor.
https://www.amazon.com/Tendak-Extractor-Converter-Soundbar-Amplifier/dp/B07CJ96MQV
Connect that to the HDMI-ARC input on the TV. It will have an optical output for the soundbar and an analog output for the receiver. The TV has to be set to output in PCM stereo for it to work.
Or just ditch the soundbar and use your good gear all the time. Your ears will thank you for it.

Solution