2 Toshiba 40" 1080p gaming monitors

Mereinid

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
Hello all, well yesterday I went insane. I replaced my two 32" gaming monitors with 2 Toshiba 40" 1080p 60Hz monitors.
Well the issue, I am seeing is that, everything on the screens are huge. Let me put this into perspective.

The two I replaced were both 32" However my main screen, that I used to play games on was a 1080p, and the other 32" monitor was a 720P. The 1080p monitor when I would look at the web,via Google Chrome, all of the pictures were clear, small and clean. Well when I would drag them over to the 720p, of course everything blew up. Still looked clear but I would lose the refined space from the 1080p screen. Everything was just BIGGER on the 720p. Like I said, it was clear, and not clunky looking, it was sharp but just at 720p.
Well, I went wandering around BestBuy yesterday for the specific reason to get me another 1080p to replace my 720p as I was tired of losing work space when I swapped from my 1080p main monitor over to the 720p monitor. Well of course they had a very nice sale on the 40" monitors/TV. But if I bought that, now I would have two 1080p monitors, but one at 32" and one 40". NO WAY, I could live with that. I am fare to obsessive to live with that unevenness. So, what did I do? I bought 2 40" monitors/TV.

Speeding forward. Once set up and I fired them up. I went through the TV set up. Set the monitor/Screens to Native 1920x1080p 16;9 resolution. Checked my Nivida to verify, sure enough. it was 1080p, 1920x1080p. on both screens.
The problem everything is huge! Not small and precise like they were on my last 1080p monitor. Pictures are blurry..small ones. Like I have Skype up now and my pic in the top left corner, of me. Its blurry and undefined. All of the little pics on my Yahoo home page..all are blurry. The writing in my Skype is blurry and stretched. Its like everything is set to 1080p but its actually showing 720p or lower.
I am using windows 10..and the time at the bottom, the icons there are are just as crystal clear and precise as it should be. My desktop Icons are all small and precise. The labeling of each icon is nice and clear. I have taken a picture of my desktop. the pic is showing the two screens.
I watched some 1080p60fps videos last night on YT, and they were not really all that good. There was a ton of pixelation.

I have attached two pictures of my issues, I hope you can see them.

Pic 1. http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/Mereinid/Office/Desktop%202%20screens_zpsb3t2dhbl.jpg

Pic 2. http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/Mereinid/Office/W3%20SS_zpshq640csu.jpg

I am thinking, it might be as simple as these screens are two damn big and I am two close to them.
I am about 3.5 MAYBE 4 ft. from the monitor/TV.

Anyway, let me know what I can do, if anything, or if I need to return these and down grade to my 32"s again.

Solution
You are way too close to them, and you are expanding the same resolution from 32" to 40" so of-course things will look larger, same amount of pixels across a larger screen equals larger pixels and more spread between them. Also TVs and computer monitors are not built the same way to display images, a monitor will have a shaper image close up than a TV, even not counting the size.
You are way too close to them, and you are expanding the same resolution from 32" to 40" so of-course things will look larger, same amount of pixels across a larger screen equals larger pixels and more spread between them. Also TVs and computer monitors are not built the same way to display images, a monitor will have a shaper image close up than a TV, even not counting the size.

Solution

Mereinid

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
Thanks guys! I appreciate the advice. I think i was just sitting entirely too close to the monitors. I backed them back down to 2 32" 1080p monitors. And the pictures are backed to pristine awesomeness.and the monitors now match. So I can breath normally. Both of the questions were right, in that they both made me think about the size vs. distance. Sooo I am not sure how to *Pick a solution.
Here are the two monitors I am using.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-32-class-31-5-diag--led-1080p-hdtv-black/1294029.p?id=1219484416614&skuId=1294029.

Thanks again Jed and Hang.