20 Wallpapers to Spice Up Your Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

You say 1) They’re available in multiple sizes, for the visual benefit of desktop, laptop, netbook, and even smartphone users. Yet you don't provide multiple sizes... ironic.

ak22

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
Had the The Spectrum Of The Sky ages ago check out www.Interfacelift.com/wallpaper for some more Great ones

TheRockMonsi

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010
I've been looking for wallpapers forever now, and simply couldn't find any on the internet that I liked. Don't mean to be negative, but this article was no exception to that.

Thankfully, like a week ago or so, I figured out that the best wallpapers I can get are screen shots that I take while watching DiRT 2 replays of me. Now I don't have to worry about searching online for good wallpapers because I can make them. :)

Here's an album of a few picks that I've uploaded and share on online forums:

http://yfrog.com/mndirt2game20100916205254jx

wribbs

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2010
While I had been using an amazing deviant art picture of a dream for years because of a monitor upgrade I began using some great ones I know find monthly at http://www.smashingmagazine.com/tag/wallpapers/
I think one month is the perfect lifespan for a wallpaper and I really like having the calender.

Also, in regards to "dead space", I'd say anyone who still uses lots or any desktop icons fails at life.

baddad

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2006
I'll tell you what's better you can have your desktop continuously changing with Windows 7 and it can be any pictures you have. Take my game machine every 5 seconds it changes to a screen shot of one of the games I play. This is not a screen saver it's your desktop changing behind your icons.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
The internet is filled, if not littered with wallpapers. Some amazing, some crumy. Those are really nice suggestions. Thanks!

p.s : Curve really makes me think of the Jerry Bruckheimer Films logo.

caeden

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009
Personally I hate a cluttered desktop full of icons, and try to only have 1-2 icons +trash on the desktop at any time. I find that the best desktops for win7 are full of color, but with little definition. This way I am not staring at them all the time (because even the best pic gets old after a day or 2), but the color still shows through the edges of the 10-20 windows that are open. Also I'm a big fan of collecting a ton of backgrounds and sorting them into mood groups or themes (TV shows, happy, melancholic, anime, etc.) And then it's just a few clicks to have a set of backgrounds that will last me a few months before I get bored of them.

rutoojinn

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
All of them will provide someone something to enjoy. I personally already have spectrum sky. Goodnight Tale is also great Sci-Fi and the beauty it is capable of. Thanks I say do not end this and open our eyes to more great visuals.

55Range

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010
[citation][nom]arterius2[/nom]the only wallpaper worth using here is probably The Spectrum Of The Sky, the rest are not that great TBH[/citation]
Indeed !

Status
Not open for further replies.