$200 MAX budget for headphones

May 9, 2013
Hey guys. Im trying to research the headphones im getting but its really confusing because there is like different "best" in every review i red. So, my budget is $200 tops and ill be using it for MOBA gaming and just casual music use when im out. I dont want any wireless stuff. Thanks for the future answers :)

Solution
Basically if you want headphones, look no further than the ATH-AD500X and HD518 families (500,700, 900, and 518,558,598). You basically can't go wrong with them, and if you don't have a decent sound card, the "lower end" ones will be cheap enough that you can afford a decent sound card too.
Basically if you want headphones, look no further than the ATH-AD500X and HD518 families (500,700, 900, and 518,558,598). You basically can't go wrong with them, and if you don't have a decent sound card, the "lower end" ones will be cheap enough that you can afford a decent sound card too.

Solution
quite simply, there is no "best" headphone as this depends heavily upon your own preferences and what you are looking for in a headphone.

i will second basroils suggestions:

the ad-lineup has huge soundstaging, good positional audio and a bass light sound which makes them advantageous for gaming though perhaps not as exciting to listen to.

the hd-lineup has decent soundstaging and poisitional and is more neutral with a bit more bass. they are more mellow so are easy to listen to for hours.