2008 dell laptop turns off minutes after booting to desktop?

foxrae

Estimable
Sep 19, 2015
hi,
my dell laptop has been turning off after around 6 minutes after booting up to the desktop.
ive attempted cleaning the fan on the side w a can of compressed air, i don't think i changed much though.
it seems to be a 2008 model, maybe older?
please help, this is the only way i can communicate with my brother over an online game.
thank you

Hi,

First try putting your laptop into BIOS and see if the same problem persist. Because if it does 2 possible things that might be bad in your laptop. First is it could be that the laptop may be overheating, reapply a new thermal paste as well on both CPU and GPU since that will help a lot in laptop cooling. Next is it could either be the motherboard or the HDD has gone bad. To test if it's the HDD, remove it and boot it again in BIOS and see if it still shuts down because if it still does it should be the motherboard.

Hi,

First try putting your laptop into BIOS and see if the same problem persist. Because if it does 2 possible things that might be bad in your laptop. First is it could be that the laptop may be overheating, reapply a new thermal paste as well on both CPU and GPU since that will help a lot in laptop cooling. Next is it could either be the motherboard or the HDD has gone bad. To test if it's the HDD, remove it and boot it again in BIOS and see if it still shuts down because if it still does it should be the motherboard.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Laptop Tech Support 7
kolabee18r Laptop Tech Support 0
Mariam Yasin Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
G Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 4
F Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 6
L Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1