2014 chromebook buying advice

RPJR

Estimable
Jun 26, 2014
I'm buying a Chromebook from Amazon(store credit,only option) basic use and school. Overall what is recommended i.e. screen, USB ports 13' or 11.6" 2GB or 4GB, processor, Etc. newbie to this. Thanks for input, was running XP need to purchase this week. Does Asus really have drop spill insurance included?

Screen: I recommend 13" because 11.6" is small for a laptop. The bigger the screen the bigger the price usually and the lower the battery life. However chromebooks have decent battery life in general so I wouldn't worry too much about it and since you are using the chromebook for basic use and school and lightweight tasks the battery should not drain as fast with heavier tasks such as playing games.
USB Ports: I recommend at least 2 USB ports.
2GB or 4GB: I recommend 4GB. You should be fine with 2GB if you do not have a lot of programs and browser tabs open. In other words, it just depends on your budget since a chromebook with 4GB of ram will usually be more expensive vs 2GB.
Processor: Chromebook processors in genearl are not fast. You should be fine for basic use and school such as web browsing, creating docs, etc.
Was running XP need to purchase this week: Not sure what you mean by this, sorry. Do you mean you want XP on the chromebook?
Does Asus really have drop spill insurance included? Not sure

RPJR

Estimable
Jun 26, 2014